Talk

Advanced search

To start a shallow thread

(15 Posts)
Nishky Fri 04-Dec-15 06:40:45

Help me, I am having Mari hair done at 9. It is mid brown with a lot of grey.

I grew out the colour so haven't had it coloured for 2 years.

I want to go blonde and was planning to grow my hair, but now have decided to keep it short, will a bright platinum blonde work? I don't like the look of blonde on top and dark at the back which is why I haven't had it coloured while very short

Should I compromise on the colour or cut? I do look much younger with shorter hair

Told you it was shallow. I am 50 and panicking about my hair ffs

Nishky Fri 04-Dec-15 06:41:05

My hair, no Ida who Mari is!

lighteningirl Fri 04-Dec-15 06:48:37

Short platinum sounds amazing go for it

confusedandemployed Fri 04-Dec-15 06:50:41

Without seeing your colouring I can't really tell whether the colour would work.

But my philosophy with haircuts is: it's hair, what's the worst that can happen? I can always cut it / grow it out / dye it another colour! <unhelpful>

Snozberry Fri 04-Dec-15 06:52:22

We can't tell you if it will suit you as we don't know what you look like, but go for it, if you end up not liking the colour the benefit of short hair is it won't be long before it's grown out.

Nishky Fri 04-Dec-15 07:03:09

You are all right, thank you, I will go for short platinum. My hair grows really quickly anyway!

Thanks all

Enjolrass Fri 04-Dec-15 07:03:18

The 'it grows back' isn't always true.

My hair dresser ruined my hair and lots of it hasn't come back.

I still get in coloured and trust my hairdresser completely. I now have very short hair, on his advice and I love it.

Is it a hairdresser you have been to before?

With my hair dresser I show him what sort of colour I fancy. He then makes it suit. So it might not be the exact colour in the photo.

It's hard for us to say wether it would or not. Speak to your hairdresser and see what they say.

Nishky Fri 04-Dec-15 07:34:56

I have a few photos to take in -can I ask what happened -was it bleach? I remember the 80's where we all had perms AND highlights and there were a few frizzled barnets then

wowfudge Fri 04-Dec-15 07:45:34

Ask your hairdresser - they'll be able to advise on the right colour for your skin tone, etc. If you have a lot of grey then going blonde can be a great way to lift things without being dull, which grey can be sometimes.

I have short hair and lots of grey - my natural colour is dark brown and I'm not ready to stop colouring it yet; you've been brave to do that.

CalleighDoodle Fri 04-Dec-15 07:55:21

I thought mari hair was some new style i obviously wasn't trendy enough for, or even to know about!

GreatFuckability Fri 04-Dec-15 08:07:16

A platinum blonde crop sounds great. I loved mine but the upkeep was too much for me because I'm naturally really dark.

Enjolrass Fri 04-Dec-15 08:10:17

It was highlights in 2001, probably bleach

No idea what she did, but the stuff in my scalp started burning, hair melted. angry
It's never recovered.

It probably wouldn't happen now tbh, but I always have strand tests. But I don't like the 'it's only hair, it will grow back' type things. Because it can be devastating to realise it won't.The hair dresser I have now is brilliant and I trust him implicitly to what he wants.

Nishky Fri 04-Dec-15 08:11:07

Calleigh grin

The upkeep does scare me a bit I must admit... Still wavering-think I might just tell them what I am worried about, show them the photos and see what they suggest.

Nishky Fri 04-Dec-15 08:13:14

Oh no that's awful Enjolrass very scary. My hairdressers are very strict on skin tests, but there is always a risk isn't there.

Enjolrass Fri 04-Dec-15 08:59:57

Yeah there is always a risk.

I still have mine coloured but I won't have it bleached again. It would probably by fine, but I won't risk it.

I'll wait till I am completely grey before I go blonde again grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now