Talk

Advanced search

To think DH could have charged the camera battery for DDs big moment

(20 Posts)
BrockleyBird Fri 04-Dec-15 00:08:58

DD was in the school nativity yesterday and I asked DH to bring his fancy pants camera he is so proud of. But guess who hadn't charged the battery on HIS camera and therefore we have no photos AT ALL of DD's big moment. Admittedly he is a bit under the weather and I maybe should have brought mine, but it does not have a powerful zoom. I am soooo furious. AIBU?

LightDrizzle Fri 04-Dec-15 02:03:08

I reckon YABU but only because you're disappointed. Try kicking the cat. Hopefully the school took some photos and will help you out. I could definitely commit the same crime as your DH. At least he remembered the camera!

someonestolemynick Fri 04-Dec-15 03:16:20

Yabu for planning to take photos during a performance. Your dh clearly saved you from behaving like a twat (yes I know every other parent would be doing the same).

TheHouseOnTheLane Fri 04-Dec-15 03:57:20

YABU for relying on him. Lesson learned. But you can ask around the other parents and someone will have a nice picture or two with her in it for sure.

Fratelli Fri 04-Dec-15 06:46:34

Yabu for wanting to take photos imo. I would be very uncomfortable of people taking photos at a nativity with my child in. If you really wanted to couldn't you just take one with your phone? When she's older you won't see this as a "big moment" so I wouldn't worry.

ThreeRuddyTubs Fri 04-Dec-15 07:02:19

Well it's not worth being furious over really

Contraryish Fri 04-Dec-15 07:07:25

I forgot to charge up the batteries on my camera when I went in for a section for the birth of my daughter. Slightly bigger moment missed. There will be other plays.

PinkPopPonyTrotsOn Fri 04-Dec-15 07:32:14

I just took pictures of mine dressed in their costumes- photos during the performance NOT allowed.

Bizarre to be furious when you can just take a photo of her anyway?

wowfudge Fri 04-Dec-15 07:39:41

YABU. Honestly it just drives me to distraction that everything has to be photographed or videoed these days. A photo of your DD in her costume is fine. It's awful when inconsiderate people are holding their bloody phones up and recording and blocking the view of people behind them. Whatever happened to just enjoying and appreciating the performance and having the memory of it without documenting it in a photo or recording?

PennyHasNoSurname Fri 04-Dec-15 07:42:13

You could have charged the battery.

You could have taken a cursory snap on your phone.

Surely he wasnt going to snap photos all the way through?

thelouise Fri 04-Dec-15 08:00:22

YABU to be furious and call it her "big moment". It was a nativity, not her receiving her PhD! Overreaction.

Jibberjabberjooo Fri 04-Dec-15 08:19:50

You could have just taken a picture on your phone like everyone else does.

goodnightdarthvader1 Fri 04-Dec-15 08:53:22

I would be very uncomfortable of people taking photos at a nativity with my child in.

<eyeroll>

PaulAnkaTheDog Fri 04-Dec-15 08:57:32

What was her 'big moment'? Yabu by the way. It's just a nativity play. Plenty more to come.

PiperChapstick Fri 04-Dec-15 09:50:11

YABU. Nativity hardly a big moment and if it was you taking it you should have charged it not your sick husband

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Fri 04-Dec-15 09:53:31

I admit I'm a grumpy cow, but if I was watching my child in a Nativity and I was next to someone with a camera taking photos the whole way through I would probably lose my shit and they would lose their camera.

ilovesooty Fri 04-Dec-15 10:49:26

I think it would solve all these difficulties if schools simply banned photography during these events. I don't see why you can't just take a photo of your child in their costume before you leave home.

Jibberjabberjooo Fri 04-Dec-15 10:51:15

At at dc's nativity they have a bit at the end where you can take pictures of your child.

Permanentlyexhausted Fri 04-Dec-15 10:53:44

Well, YAB a bit U since it didn't occur to you to charge it or have a back up either. That said, I'd probably feel the same way and blame my DH too. smile

HesterShaw Fri 04-Dec-15 10:57:42

It's only a nativity play. Did you not watch? Have you not got those memories in your head? The photo is not the occasion or the memory...that's the occasion itself. Concentrating on photography means you soak up less of the occasion. It's like those weddings where the photographs become the event.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now