Talk

Advanced search

AIBU To want to go to bed after the day Ive had

(3 Posts)
wakeupandsmellthecoffee Thu 03-Dec-15 20:26:31

Teenage ds hadn't completed all his course work this morning so that was a heated discussion in the car on the way to work / 6th form this morning .
Took some kids out for an intervention lesson none of them grasped the basic concept .
Took a call from teenagers teacher telling me about not done coursework and saying how disappointed he is . that took 15 mins so only 15 mins left to eat lunch but by this point didn't really care anyway,
Child got the wrong end of the stick about something I had said in reply to a question she said at lunch time so her teacher came to ask me about it . Felt bait judged to be honest but fair enough.
Pick up child I look after school .Pick up my DS .On way home child is sick in the car all over ds bags .
hey tomorrow can only get better.

woodlands01 Thu 03-Dec-15 20:44:46

Have some wine first!

Working in school and dealing with your own kids can be so draining at times.

I'm a teacher and my day started well - the 'evil' year 10s actually sat in their seats for an hour and did a test, keeping test conditions. It got worse - lunch time duty had to stop fight between 2 year 11s who I really thought were going to hurt each other. Then, last lesson of day my 'evil' year 10s on their second visit to me lost the plot with one calling the other a 'fucking queer' across the classroom. Then the majority decided to heckle for a fight. Came home my 14 year old daughter grunted at me because she was late to riding and my son has hibernated in his room with PS4.

Tomorrow's another day - unfortunately it can get worse but it's Friday so I don't care, might even smile at 'evil' year 10s.

PoorFannyRobin Thu 03-Dec-15 21:52:04

So often I feel a bit nostalgic and get a little teary-eyed remembering the times when my children were still living at home and still in education and when I was a so-called educator myself (secondary level certification). But, wakeup and woodlands, after reading your posts -- not so much right now. Thank you and good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now