Talk

Advanced search

To ask for your help in calculating

(6 Posts)
kappadelta Thu 03-Dec-15 17:26:07

The SSP for DH please. He has a very manual job and injured his shoulder outside of work. He works continental 12 hour shifts 3 on, 3 off.
His injury started on 3rd November and he was due to work 5th, 6th and 7th. He handed a self certification in dated from 3rd but with no end date.

He returned to work on 11th and worked 12th and 13th too. He woke up on 14th unable to move his shoulder and arm. He visited the doctor who signed him off work until 28th so effectively 2 of his 'working weeks'.

He returned on 29th and completed his 3 shifts.

I would be grateful if anyone could advise if he was required to present a doctors note earlier than when he did. Also if someone could tell me which days he should have received SSP for.

Daffodil90 Thu 03-Dec-15 17:38:00

It depends on the company he works for....with mine you can self certify for 7 days on full pay and could go up to 8 weeks with a doctors note on discretionary sick pay (full pay -that's the yearly allowance, after that it's SSP) regardless of whether the injury was at work or home.

It's unlikely you'll have needed to hand the docs note in earlier but it depends if the company have a deadline on it. They will have taken the self certificate as ended when he returned to work on 11th

If the company offers no sick pay scheme at all then he won't get paid for the first 3 days and after that it's £88.45 per week for a max of 28 weeks. From what I can gather I would say a min of £176.90 for the illness period, but again it depends on the company policies.

I hope that helps smile

Musicaltheatremum Thu 03-Dec-15 17:44:56

So he could self certify from the 3rd as he did, they last for 7 days so 3-9th. If he was fostered to work the 10th then he would need a doctors line for that day as he didn't return to work until 11th. If not rostered then that shouldn't matter. If he went off again on the 14th then hen as correct in getting a GP line from then. GPs are not obliged to give a sick line for the first week of illness. The above answer also should help too.

kappadelta Thu 03-Dec-15 17:50:32

Daffodil thank you for clarifying that for me. DH informed me that he self certified for his second period of absence due to their being a break in the time off.

kappadelta Thu 03-Dec-15 17:53:58

Before handing in the doctors note. Work only pay SSP and informed him that he should have got a doctors note to them after the first period of sickness. In total he received £66.34 for the whole time he was off.

kappadelta Thu 03-Dec-15 20:47:56

Any further advice please?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now