Talk

Advanced search

To think that that if I take an Imodium before a session at the gym....

(18 Posts)
Pleurepaslabouchepleine Thu 03-Dec-15 16:01:17

It will stop me farting constantly when I'm exercising ? It's so embarrassing, I fart a lot and it stinks of rotten eggs !

bodenbiscuit Thu 03-Dec-15 16:02:44

You shouldn't be constantly farting - if you are you are probably not eating as well as you could IMO.

TheWitTank Thu 03-Dec-15 16:06:26

Something isn't right if you are constantly producing smelly gas. What is your diet like? I would look at what is causing this rather than taking immodium.

Bailey101 Thu 03-Dec-15 16:07:56

Imodium won't stop you farting - if anything it'll make it worse as everything gets backed up and there's more stinky stuff sad

Pleurepaslabouchepleine Thu 03-Dec-15 16:09:57

I fart mostly when I exercise, yes my diet could be better, it's true.

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Thu 03-Dec-15 16:10:26

Phew, for a moment there I thought you were referring to Movical confused

As pp's already said I would check out the root cause of the problem if you can first.

TheWitTank Thu 03-Dec-15 16:12:30

You could also try charcoal tablets.
You need to look at changing your diet if you want to make a significant difference.

TheWitTank Thu 03-Dec-15 16:14:42

Gluten/lactose intolerance can cause this problem -is your diet heavy in either area?

Wolpertinger Thu 03-Dec-15 16:37:58

It won't stop you farting - and could make it worse as you'll be constipated and so the gas will be desperate to get out.

Some people fart more than others and some people have smellier farts than others - it's difficult to quantify grin but if your diet isn't great you are also doing all your hard work at the gym shock so I'd start there.

DickDewy Thu 03-Dec-15 16:48:12

Very unfortunate if exercise makes you fart! But I reckon Imodium is just going to create other problems. Why are some people windier than others?

My dh and I have pretty much the same diet. He farts a LOT, I hardly ever do and if I do, they don't smell whereas his are shocking. The only thing that differs in our average day is that he drinks coffee and I don't.

Thunderbolt Thu 03-Dec-15 16:52:11

Get some of these instead.

eternalopt Thu 03-Dec-15 17:11:22

Pelvic floor exercises should help.

Pleurepaslabouchepleine Thu 03-Dec-15 17:22:44

I drink lots of coffees, I'm a goat cheese lover but otherwise I try to respect as much as I can the eat well plate ! I had to stop yoga after 3 session...it's one thing to make smelly fart but it adds to the embarrassment when they are noisy (and I try to clench my cheeks as hard I can) !

blankblink Thu 03-Dec-15 22:04:21

I went low carb a couple of years ago and tried it for the family's meals for the first couple of weeks so I would find it easier. Within 48 hours, it was more than noticeable that no-one was passing gas and no-one felt bloated. Try a couple of days with no wheat, bread, cakes, pastries, potatoes or rice.

If that doesn't make any difference, go back to normal for a few days, then cut out dairy for 48 hours and see what happens.

Please report back, it's always interesting if someone finds a simple solution works fsmile

PolterGoose Thu 03-Dec-15 22:06:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MelanieCheeks Thu 03-Dec-15 22:07:26

I was about to say, watch your carb intake before an exercise session. Drink lots of water, cut down on coffee.

Junosmum Thu 03-Dec-15 23:02:08

Not using protein shakes are you?

But no, Imodium won't stop you farting.

bodenbiscuit Fri 04-Dec-15 10:08:06

I eat low carb most of the time and I hardly ever fart.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now