Talk

Advanced search

With this friend?

(10 Posts)
ValiantVelvet Thu 03-Dec-15 10:41:59

It was a friend's birthday on Sunday. Because of work (both of us) I popped in on Friday night to drop off her gift. She didn't even glance inside of the bag, just put it on the sideboard and left it there. Kinda hard to explain, but the way she did it was almost dismissive of the gift.

Text her (she won't speak on the phone) on Sunday to say happy birthday. We were meant to be going out for tea on the Sunday night but I'd come down with D&V so explained this and asked if we could do it later on in the week.

I haven't had any sort of anwer from her, nor a thank you for the gift. AIBU to think that isn't right?

Picnic2223 Thu 03-Dec-15 10:45:50

If you were planning on seeing her on Sunday why do the present round on Friday?

Do you often cancel plans at the last minute?

My partner won't open any cards or presents before his birthday, maybe she is the same and didn't know why you couldn't have given it to her when you were planning on seeing her on Sunday anyway?

hellsbellsmelons Thu 03-Dec-15 10:45:52

It's very rude.
She may think that you were avoiding her though.
How close a friend is she?
I would ignore her now TBH

ValiantVelvet Thu 03-Dec-15 10:55:02

Crap, we were going out for a meal on Monday as we were both working Sunday.

We've been friends for a long time 15+ years.

I really hope she doesn't think I was avoiding her- I didn't dare go too far away from the bathroom.

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Thu 03-Dec-15 10:58:18

I'm sure it wasn't - but it does read a bit like you knew you wouldn't see her on Monday.

Picnic2223 Thu 03-Dec-15 11:00:08

Ah that makes more sense, I would have just taken her present Monday night bit I think it's nice you dropped it in early.

ValiantVelvet Thu 03-Dec-15 11:03:56

Sorry, Milk, I didn't mean it to come across like that. I was really looking forward to going out and was very pissed off that I couldn't.

I'm a bit upset that she hasn't even said thank you.

hellsbellsmelons Thu 03-Dec-15 11:08:27

Why won't she talk on the phone?
That's just odd because a conversation is what you need to have.

ValiantMouse Thu 03-Dec-15 23:47:39

Rude not to say thank you. It takes ten seconds to type a text.

Aeroflotgirl Fri 04-Dec-15 00:14:01

She sounds very rude. Not much op can do if she has D&V, can hardly go out puking her guts up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now