Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

In tears

(488 Posts)
G1veMeStrength Wed 02-Dec-15 22:40:04

Fucking parliament. You utter bastards. You're going to kill people and it won't stop anything.

BeyondThirty Wed 02-Dec-15 22:41:43

Is the vote in then sad

Fuck.

hearthwitch Wed 02-Dec-15 22:42:12

Devastated

howtorebuild Wed 02-Dec-15 22:43:00

Baatards.

UterusUterusGhali Wed 02-Dec-15 22:43:21

Oh shit.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Wed 02-Dec-15 22:43:56

There was never a choice. If your allies go to war, you go too. The debate was just a ploy to make the public feel that they had a say.

Hence there being so much uncertainty, and then a majority of 179.

peggyundercrackers Wed 02-Dec-15 22:45:20

It's the right thing to do.

findyourbacon Wed 02-Dec-15 22:48:12

Peggy - I hope you're right. But somehow I think not

Busyworkingmum71 Wed 02-Dec-15 22:48:32

War is sad and terrible. But doing nothing (which seemed to be the mainstay of Corbyns argument, perhaps also singing cum-by-yah and holding hands) isn't going to stop ISIS either.

DragonsCanHop Wed 02-Dec-15 22:48:54

The choice was already made.

UterusUterusGhali Wed 02-Dec-15 22:50:17

It'll create a new generation of angry young people who see the west as their enemy.

I don't think that's the right thing to do.

Daesh isn't just a Syrian thing. It's global. And the chap who said we need to stop their funding and internet reach was spot on.

passmethewineplease Wed 02-Dec-15 22:51:13

It was so obvious it was going to be a yes. it might eradicate a few jihadis but ISIS problems aren't just in Syria...

TwoSmellyDogs Wed 02-Dec-15 22:51:30

Hillary Benn's speech probably did a lot to swing towards that big majority. No wonder Corbyn had a face like a dropped pie - Benn is after his job!

RealityCheque Wed 02-Dec-15 22:52:51

Overreaction, much?

This was as inevitable as it was necessary.

How about blaming the nutjobs who are hell-bent on throwing the entire planet back to mediaeval times in the name of a warped view of a peaceful religion? That is their aim and the west cannot simply sit back and allow it.

atticusclaw2 Wed 02-Dec-15 22:54:52

I agree with Anchor. We are already bombing ISIS in Iraq. They already see us as the enemy. We cannot sit back and let these things just happen around us.

MissFitt68 Wed 02-Dec-15 22:55:07

We haven't felt the full force of Isis yet IMO

I truly think some Paris style attacks are heading our way ... Possibly over Xmas, biggest occasion in our religious calendar.

I think we will all feel differently then

MissFitt68 Wed 02-Dec-15 22:55:58

And op 'in tears'? Really?

wasonthelist Wed 02-Dec-15 22:57:02

But doing nothing (which seemed to be the mainstay of Corbyns argument, perhaps also singing cum-by-yah and holding hands

A highly offensive, albeit sadly common, sneering misrepresentation.

TwoSmellyDogs Wed 02-Dec-15 22:57:05

Well said RealityCheque Damned if I can see what use it is to be sitting about 'in tears' Weep for the innocent victims in so many countries.

scatteroflight Wed 02-Dec-15 22:57:16

In tears? WTF?

Get a grip of yourself. We are already active in Syria, along with many other countries. Sometimes action is required and war is justified. ISIS is easily up there with Nazi Germany (if not way beyond it) as a protagonist that requires dealing with. Would you have been "in tears" in 1939 when we declared war on Germany?

All this hand wringing is embarrassing.

howtorebuild Wed 02-Dec-15 22:58:20

I bet there will be a UK retaliation in the next week.

WyrdByrd Wed 02-Dec-15 22:58:27

I think we are damned if we do and damned if we don't tbh, and I certainly fear that things will get worse before they get better.

That said I think military action was always going to happen at some point and I don't entirely disagree with it, but they certainly need to look at other options too. Bombing alone will not stop this imho.

Justaboy Wed 02-Dec-15 22:58:46

What we need is a viable alternative power source for our cars and to replace the need for OIL.

That will be the real game changer.

DownstairsMixUp Wed 02-Dec-15 22:59:27

Wow there are some nasty bastards on this thread.

seasidesally Wed 02-Dec-15 23:02:18

im not sure either way to go to war or not

op what would be your solution to this crisis ??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now