Advanced search

To not be able to decide if I should take up the offer of a sicknote

(6 Posts)
Beeswax2017 Wed 02-Dec-15 20:18:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Beeswax2017 Wed 02-Dec-15 20:18:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Akire Wed 02-Dec-15 20:23:33

Sorry you are having a rough time, there is a difference between short term sick leave whilst coping with difficult situations and the sort of off every other Friday sickness. Can't see how if asked and you explained any normal person would "mark you down " for that.
It may be better have break catch up on sleep and get yourself together now rather than wait until you are really in trouble and not coping at all. Being signed off with stress dosnt mean you can't go to the gym (different if claiming injury them managing gym fine) in fact exercise can only help keep you coping as far as well being goes.

KittyVonCatsworth Wed 02-Dec-15 20:27:53

You poor love, you've got a lot going on. If it were me, I'd take the sick note of 2 weeks and try and stabilise yourself and the anxiety before it gets too much...as for going to the gym, absolutely you should still go if you're off sick, exercise is perfect and any doctor will back that up.

The job in the new year, definitely go for it - any company worth their salt will appreciate the difficult time you're going through.

Sending you lots of non MN hugs, please don't forget to look after yourself xx

AnyoneButSanta Wed 02-Dec-15 20:38:08

Of course you can go to the gym if you're signed off sick with anxiety.

But what would you do while you're signed off? Would it help you? Are you going to be able to have a relaxing Christmas (barring the emotional strain of family visits)?

In your position (because I have a sympathetic boss) I'd talk to them about my family problems, say that the GP has suggested sick leave but actually I'd prefer to keep working but if I could be given less stressful tasks for the short term that would be much appreciated. But that's my personal preference.

Very best wishes for you all thanks

LIZS Wed 02-Dec-15 20:41:03

I would think going to the gym would be very positive for your mental health and coping with stress. It doesn't matter if you signed off, it is not like you are saying you have a bad back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now