Talk

Advanced search

DP napping in his work clothes

(50 Posts)
BoringlyRestrictive Wed 02-Dec-15 19:28:04

In our bed!

He works delivering fruit and veg. He is in and out of warehouses and refrigerators/vans all day. Carrying heavy crates of fruit and veg. He often smells a bit 'stale' by the time he comes home and as he has an early start he insists on napping all fucking evening for an hour or 2 once he gets in.

He usually changes first but today he has just got up and I've noticed he is in full work gear.
AIBU or is that rank? And now I have to strip and remake the bed before I can put kids to bed

AnyFucker Wed 02-Dec-15 19:33:03

He climbs into the bed, underneath the duvet etc ? In his soiled work clothes ?

Ugh, that is fucking rank

BoringlyRestrictive Wed 02-Dec-15 19:36:02

Yes. And is now being grumpy that it has annoyed me

LillyBugg Wed 02-Dec-15 19:38:19

Rank and unnecessary. Who has time to nap for two hours when they get in from work?! Can't he just go to bed earlier? Do you get nap time as well?

Misses point entirely...

FishOn Wed 02-Dec-15 19:38:34

ooooh that's not on, not on at all

AnyFucker Wed 02-Dec-15 19:40:39

Make him change the bed

I remember when I worked on a fruit and veg stall on a market. The smell of just going over cauliflowers is just about the worst smell in the world.

He is disgusting for doing that. What possible excuse does he have for not showering and getting changed before napping in a clean bed ? I cannot think of one.

PlummyBrummy Wed 02-Dec-15 19:41:26

I have been thinking of starting a similar thread! It's utterly revolting isn't it? I also hate it when DH naps in bed in the clothes he's been in all day: sitting on pub sofas, walking around in the street, etc. Then he 'jokes' with DD by climbing in her bed at bath time and hiding under the covers - eurgh! He's totally mystified when I bawl him out!

AnyFucker Wed 02-Dec-15 19:41:53

I haven't even touched on the phenomenon of Napping Man. He who avoids the shitwork by literally opting out.

BoringlyRestrictive Wed 02-Dec-15 19:42:54

He's too tired.

He starts at 4.30am and should finish at 2. Often finishes late. He insists me naps as otherwise he is too tired. I suggest he goes to bed earlier.

He just says things 'I didn't get dirty today' 'I didn't sweat today'...

It's just vile. I don't want to sleep in a dirty bed and he would just not do it if I told him to. He would simply just not do it.

GreatFuckability Wed 02-Dec-15 19:42:59

Id just get him to change the sheets. Cant say itd bother me that much though.

AnyFucker Wed 02-Dec-15 19:43:25

I have the occasional nap in bed. It can be lovely. But I strip off. I cannot imagine wearing day clothes in bed, never mind work clothes with the stink of fuck knows what on them.

bobsalong Wed 02-Dec-15 19:44:15

Surely he can't feel very nice, waking up after a nap in the same clothes he's been to work in!
I'd just turn the bath taps on and shove him in there with some PJs

witsender Wed 02-Dec-15 19:44:55

If he starts at 0430 and finishes late then a nap sounds fair enough, but stripping would be courteous!

AnyFucker Wed 02-Dec-15 19:45:10

So he's tired out. OK. So strip off your work clothes before you get in bed. It's not fucking rocket science.

AtSea1979 Wed 02-Dec-15 19:46:34

Strip the bed before you put the kids to bed? Do they sleep in same bed too?
Yes that's rank, just give it a squirt of frebreeze!

BoringlyRestrictive Wed 02-Dec-15 19:57:51

DS still sleeps in our room so can't exactly change the bed when he's asleep

ovaryhill Wed 02-Dec-15 20:08:52

My Dh is napping man and it drives me insane with rage
He sits at the end of the couch with his head lolling backwards and forwards like he's trying to give himself whiplash! Or mouth gaming open like something off a mortuary slab
I keep threatening to buy one these stop snoring thingies which is a boxing glove on the end of a stick so I can whack him right in the coupon when he starts
If you're tired, go to your fucking bed! !

BumWad Wed 02-Dec-15 20:10:19

YANBU

This would really bug me. Bedding needs to be changed

BumWad Wed 02-Dec-15 20:11:41

Just seen your update. Febreze for tonight?

MaisieDotes Wed 02-Dec-15 20:12:45

It drives me mad when DH sits on the sofa in his work clothes let alone lie on the bed.

I'm not the OP from the cushion thread btw!

Justaboy Wed 02-Dec-15 20:15:31

Up at 4-30 and working all day?, poor sod must be absolutely knackered.

Can he get another job with more humane hours?.

TendonQueen Wed 02-Dec-15 20:18:33

Who gets into bed for a nap, without taking their clothes off first? If it's a clothes on nap, it's a short nap and you don't get under the covers. Totally wrong not to get undressed, plus it spoils the enjoyment of the nap. And not fair to you to stink the bed up.

PerspicaciaTick Wed 02-Dec-15 20:19:25

If he usually does change but didn't today, then I would assume he was especially tired and cut him some slack. Maybe he was dropping on his feet. However, I'd say something if it happened again.

1frenchfoodie Wed 02-Dec-15 20:21:55

I'd let it ride as a one off. I assume he feels better if he takes his clothes off too but was just too tired today.

Potatoface2 Wed 02-Dec-15 20:31:21

mine doesnt nap on the bed....he naps on the sofa....hogging the remote control and making my cushions stink.....mine lays tarmac....i would rather smell vegetables!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now