Talk

Advanced search

To wonder who came up with the name Anusol?

(16 Posts)
MissHooliesCardigan Wed 02-Dec-15 13:11:06

I've managed to avoid piles despite giving birth to 3 huge babies but I have recently developed them.
I went to the corner shop as the chemist was shut but all the medicinal stuff is behind the counter and you have to ask for it.
There is no way I am going to ask for something that sounds like 'anus hole'. Whose stupid idea was that?

SmellsLikeMiddleAgeSpirit Wed 02-Dec-15 13:16:10

Those evil Big Pharma companies have decided we ought to be embarrassed about our minor ailments.

They also gave us "Vagisil" and "Wartner" !

Whatevva Wed 02-Dec-15 13:18:47

I love the name! Sounds like the sun shining out of your arse to me smile

You can buy it off the shelf at Tosco.

PourquoiTuGachesTaVie Wed 02-Dec-15 13:22:07

I thought it was pronounced "an-U-sol" grin in fact I'm sticking with that pronunciation even if it's wrong!

AnchorDownDeepBreath Wed 02-Dec-15 13:22:28

It's always been pronounced An-u-sol where I am, so it sounds like a low-rent Spanish holiday location rather than Anus-hole.

grumpysquash Wed 02-Dec-15 13:24:07

Buy it online, then you never have to say it out loud smile

SueGeneris Wed 02-Dec-15 13:27:57

Can you go and get Preparation H instead?!

ElsaAintAsColdAsMe Wed 02-Dec-15 13:35:27

I went and asked for ambesol this morning at the chemist.

After a conversation involving me saying the gel slips off so can I have liquid and how much I needed the relief after a sleepless night, it transpired the assistant thought I said anusol blush

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 02-Dec-15 14:52:14

I thought it was pronounced "an-U-sol" Me too. Sounds like an Egyptian god, just like ISIS.

P1nkP0ppy Wed 02-Dec-15 14:56:19

Me too Mrs
Mind you, someone I know pronounces Anais Anais by Cacherel as 'Anus Anus by Catch her 'ole', oh dear..

GloGirl Wed 02-Dec-15 14:56:50

My consultant told me I could try Ann-you-sol when I was pregnant and struggling.

Unfortunately she said this a week after I'd already had to announce loudly in our broom cupboard of a chemist that I wanted anus-oll . I was standing next to a 30 year old man who had no concept of personal space or privacy.

He stepped back after that. I bought online thereafter.

GloGirl Wed 02-Dec-15 14:57:59

ElsA! ! shock grin

(The liquid is much better )

Arfarfanarf Wed 02-Dec-15 15:19:46

but if it was called fluffy bunnies, they'd still know you were going to spread it round your ring.

thelouise Wed 02-Dec-15 16:41:33

YANBU and I feel your pain; I had this dilemma at the weekend. sad I went home without anusol and my arse is still bothering me. I wonder if I can order it on my online Tesco shop?

thelouise Wed 02-Dec-15 16:42:34

Yup, it can be ordered with an online supermarket shop. Fabulous!

ofallthenerve Wed 02-Dec-15 16:47:03

I recommend Germoloids for less embarrassment and also cos it works voice of experience blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now