Talk

Advanced search

to be fucking furious at this useless lump

(197 Posts)
sharonthewaspandthewineywall Tue 01-Dec-15 22:17:40

I'm nearly 39 weeks pregnant and in loads of pain with my pelvis back bottom even fairy. I went up to bed at about 6 had a bath and a relax.
I've come downstairs and the kids (11 and nearly 9) are still awake. My daughter hasn't had a bath. He's done nothing. She also hasn't had any tea. He tries to blame her lack of bath on her 'I told her she needed one' and her lack of tea also. 'Well I asked her what she wanted and she didn't reply'
The living room which was immaculate is now an utter shithole. Is it my hormones or is he a bloody useless neglectful father who can't be relied upon?

Wolfiefan Tue 01-Dec-15 22:20:13

You were upstairs relaxing from 6-10?! hmm
Did you tell him you wanted him to feed the kids and get them to bed?

AnyFucker Tue 01-Dec-15 22:21:36

Wolfie...do you think a father needs be told those things ? confused

I don't fancy yours...

sharonthewaspandthewineywall Tue 01-Dec-15 22:22:38

Yes how dare I relax from 6-10 whilst feeling like my entire body has been smashed to pieces with a hammer hmmhmm
Did I TELL him the kids needed food or baths? Like he needs to TELL me if he is ill or working away?

hesterton Tue 01-Dec-15 22:23:28

It's like the man is another species. Of course he should have carried out the usual routines while his poorly wife was resting.

TinklyLittleLaugh Tue 01-Dec-15 22:23:32

No Wolfie, she was upstairs in pain from 6-10.

Should a grown man really need to be told that his children need to be fed and put to bed at a decent time?

noeffingidea Tue 01-Dec-15 22:23:59

wolfie why would he need to be told that his children needed feeding ?
OP, I would be a bit pissed off here, at least about not giving them their tea.

hiddenhome2 Tue 01-Dec-15 22:24:25

What you have to do is take your mobile phone up to bed and ring the home phone with regular instructions. Issue whatever threats are necessary in order to make sure the work is completed.

AnyFucker Tue 01-Dec-15 22:24:35

they are also up far too late on a school night

is he always such a waste of space ?

SouthWesterlyWinds Tue 01-Dec-15 22:24:57

39 weeks pregnant with associated pains? Too right she was relaxing for a couple of hours.

YANBU - anyone with any sense would have sorted the kids out. Beans on toast, cheeses pasta, chips and frozen fish fingers - it isn't much. I take it he didn't miss out on supper?

HackerFucker22 Tue 01-Dec-15 22:25:10

Well obviously this man does need to be told!!!

Senpai Tue 01-Dec-15 22:25:25

Does he need to tell her that he wants her to feed the kids or get them to bed when he relaxes?

He's their father. It doesn't take too many brain cells to figure out that maybe a child should be fed dinner.

RunRabbitRunRabbit Tue 01-Dec-15 22:25:31

It does sound like he is a bloody useless neglectful father who can't be relied upon

Is this unusual behaviour from him?

sharonthewaspandthewineywall Tue 01-Dec-15 22:26:07

I'm not precious either by any means. Today has been spent putting away laundry which has been left all weekend. Doing the Christmas shopping and birthday shopping for my sons birthday. Making sure the house is tidy. Picking the kids up from school including DSs friend as a favour for a friend and taking DS for his haircut.
I'm a fucking dead weight me

Blarblarblar Tue 01-Dec-15 22:26:55

Id be raging OP. YANBU

TimeToMuskUp Tue 01-Dec-15 22:28:03

My DH is like a useless asshat at times. However, I've never had to explain that the DCs require regular feeding, bathing and firm bedtimes; surely that knowledge is just instinct unless you're a selfish, ignorant turd?

GiddyOnZackHunt Tue 01-Dec-15 22:28:07

Well let's hope OP can pop this baby out after taking the other dc to school. And be back in time to organise dinner and bed times for everyone then hmm
Yanbu.

Namechanger2015 Tue 01-Dec-15 22:28:56

Wtf?!

Yes, he is a useless lump you are most definitely not being unreasonable!

CFSsucks Tue 01-Dec-15 22:29:34

Ffs "Did you tell him you wanted him to feed the kids and get them to bed"

He is a father with a brain, he should be capable of thinking that his children need food and putting (or telling to go ) to bed. It happens everyday and presumably he is there.

YANBU OP, it reminds me of weekends. I'm not very well and lie in. I get up and the DCs are never ever dressed, had teeth or hair brushed. In fact my DH doesn't even think DDs hair need brushing! It's down the middle of her back. It's bloody infuriating so I feel your pain. (He is a great husband and dad in general but I literally have to do all the thinking and telling what to do, he would have fed them and put them to bed though, not sure he'd bother with showers unless I reminded him).

Senpai Tue 01-Dec-15 22:29:58

Dude. You're 39 weeks pregnant. You shouldn't even be doing that much. DH should be picking up 90% of the work at this point for you, so you can relax.

You shouldn't be having to do any of the running around unless it's actually necessary (ie: DH is at work).

BastardGoDarkly Tue 01-Dec-15 22:30:49

Sharon of course you're not being unreasonable, take no notice.

Have you unleashed a bollocking had a chat with him about it?

AnyFucker Tue 01-Dec-15 22:32:20

the thing is, shazza, I presume he has some good points since you are having your 3rd child with him

So....other than venting here, what are you going to do about this ?

sharonthewaspandthewineywall Tue 01-Dec-15 22:33:42

I've no idea what to do. I'm lost. I'm so angry

Wolfiefan Tue 01-Dec-15 22:33:44

If I told DP I was off for a bath he wouldn't assume I would be out of commission for 4hours!
My DP is great and does loads for the kids but I normally cook. If I didn't make it clear that I needed him to do it then he probably wouldn't. He might assume they had eaten already or I'd be back shortly.
And OP I was in no way suggesting you are a dead weight. Not at all. Just did he think you were popping off for a bit or did he realise you expected him to take over.
And thanks AnyFucker. I do fancy mine!

Darvany Tue 01-Dec-15 22:34:25

I'm a generous soul so I'm going to assume that the first response was ironic / sarcastic.

YANBU and your partner is a twat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now