Talk

Advanced search

to expect my OH to get on with renewing his own passport?

(32 Posts)
Killairno Mon 30-Nov-15 19:24:10

He works from home but we don't have a printer. He just discovered his passport needs renewing urgently. I sent him the link to info about passport renewal and reminded him that my printer at work still isn't working.

He just bloody well emailed me the form asking if I could maybe ask someone else in here to print it for him.
I said I could not as there is nobody around (this is true) but even it there were, I don't want to be asking my colleagues to print his bloody form. If he can't sort access to a printer (we have a lovely one, he just never got ink for it), then he can go and get a form and handfill it.

Grrr.

KeepOnMoving1 Mon 30-Nov-15 19:27:47

Why would you not want to help him if you could? It's just printing a form. Sounds like you really don't like him.

pudcat Mon 30-Nov-15 19:31:45

Can he put it on a memory stick and go to library?

pinkyredrose Mon 30-Nov-15 19:33:09

Omg what a fuss over nothing. Ask him to get some ink for your home printer ffs. Assume he's not incapable of that without help?

Killairno Mon 30-Nov-15 19:38:38

KeeponMoving I do like him but I can't print it 'cause my printer doesn't work which i told him.

Pudcat and Pinky - he can probably figure out those solutions himself! I expect he will. He is not incapable of any such thing hence me not bending over backwards to facilitate this.

SanityClause Mon 30-Nov-15 19:42:21

Hells bells! Just sort out a toner cartridge online. You'll have it on Wednesday. If you get two, you can make sure you always have spare.

I know you probably think he should sort it out, but really, just do it. Life's too short.

Killairno Mon 30-Nov-15 19:44:48

Sanity The printer at home has been out of order for so long that I don't even know if it would work easily at this point...and the passport application really should be in tomorrow if he wants to get it in comfortable time for his travel.

I would have printed it happily at work only my printer won't talk to my computer at the moment (despite reinstalling drivers and all sorts).

Backawaynow2 Mon 30-Nov-15 19:46:25

Gosh what an effort to not help
The person you are supposed to love.

Christmaspanties Mon 30-Nov-15 19:47:00

You really don't want to print this for him do you OP? I hope whatever point you are trying to make is worth this particular stance.

pudcat Mon 30-Nov-15 19:51:22

Do people really behave like this - not helping each other or suggesting a solution? However do you live with each other?

BaronessSamedi Mon 30-Nov-15 19:58:53

he's got arms and legs, i presume.
tell him to get off his backside and go down to tesco and buy an ink cartridge.
is he too tight to pay for ink?

TheSkiingGardener Mon 30-Nov-15 20:02:21

I get it OP. He's being stupidly incompetent on the basis that you'll sort it out. I'd be fuming too. Just detach and ignore.

ifyoulikepinacolada Mon 30-Nov-15 20:07:48

I'm with you OP. You've already said you can't help him for perfectly valid reasons! It's maddening.

febreeze Mon 30-Nov-15 20:10:21

Get a paper form from the post office?

Dexterjamesmummy Mon 30-Nov-15 20:13:49

OP my boyfriend is like this too, he's got through life asking others to do everything for him! It winds me up.

MrsTerryPratchett Mon 30-Nov-15 20:15:11

Sorry but they both have a bust printer and it's his form. WTAF is this her problem? It would be unprofessional for two people at work to waste time sorting this out when he could have done it. Why does she have to suggest a solution to a grown man?

PogoBob Mon 30-Nov-15 20:19:32

YANBU - everyone saying OP should help the person she loves, how about expecting him to sort his own problems rather than adding to hers. If OP's printer was working there may be a point but they're both without a printer so why's it her responsibility the solve the problem just because he can't be bothered

ModreB Mon 30-Nov-15 20:23:06

I refuse to buy ink for the home printer, based on the fact that I never, ever use it. DH on the other hand is always printing gig lists, song lists, calendar lists, shopping lists that only he uses. The printer recently needed ink, for something that DH wanted. That he wanted me to fill in, as apparently I'm quicker at filling online forms. Not going to fall for that one.

TheCrowFromBelow Mon 30-Nov-15 20:29:46

It's not to do with not helping the person that you love, it's that's the person you love always asks you before helping themselves.
there's no reason he can't go to the post office in his lunch break rather than asking you to ask colleagues a favour to print personal stuff.

BathtimeFunkster Mon 30-Nov-15 20:31:41

YANBU

I can't believe he is so lacking in initiative that he wants you to make a dick of yourself at work, asking colleagues to help you mammy your boyfriend, rather than just deal with his own shit like a man.

RunRabbitRunRabbit Mon 30-Nov-15 20:38:17

He could leave the house, go to the shop, buy an ink cartridge, print his application. But that's too much effort and has been for weeks so he is interrupting you at work.

If this was a one off I guess you wouldn't mind.

Your rage suggests that it is the last straw though? Are you married to Mr Lazy?

RunRabbitRunRabbit Mon 30-Nov-15 20:39:28

Why did you have to send him the link to passport renewal in the first place? Is he incapable of using google?

YANBU
I hate this mock incompetence to avoid thinking for themselves. Neither of you have a working printer so he will have to find another solution.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Mon 30-Nov-15 21:31:13

He's being a tit.

He needs to sort out his passport himself and stop being a 'poor me' lardy arse waiting for you to sort him out.

OneMoreCasualty Mon 30-Nov-15 21:42:03

YANBU of course

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now