Talk

Advanced search

About this Father Christmas

(12 Posts)
LilyDaisyPoppyRose Mon 30-Nov-15 12:12:11

There was a Christmas market at the local open farm yesterday including a visit with Father Christmas. I went with my friend and her kids. I took one of the kids to visit FC. She was asked her name and he said oh thats one of the most popular naughty list names. He then asked her age and he said aren't you too old for presents? Then when he asked what she wanted for Christmas he said oh I don't think you'll be getting that but I'll get you something else. She asked for a scooter, which she is getting. He then says its not good to always be nice so don't forget to be naughty sometimes like not always listening to your mum.

WTF?? It cost £7, she got an unwrapped present which she had to put her hand in a sack and choose something without looking. She got a dirty secondhand teddy.

BathshebaDarkstone Mon 30-Nov-15 12:14:11

How weird. confused

Sighing Mon 30-Nov-15 12:52:36

Very odd!

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Mon 30-Nov-15 12:54:54

Name and shame!
That was awful...

drivingmisspotty Mon 30-Nov-15 13:06:58

Benefit of the doubt... He was teasing her. Some kids would squeal and protest back and it would all be fun. Sounds like he should have clocked his audience quicker. Weird about second hand toy. Was it all for charity? Was he a volunteer who didn't really know what he was doing? Think you should mention it to farm though, they might no know what is going on...

ChristmasZombie Mon 30-Nov-15 13:44:15

That doesn't sound very festive!

catfordbetty Mon 30-Nov-15 13:50:16

I agree Bad Santa was probably teasing. However, first rule of teasing: only tease when the teasee knows she's being teased.

Notimefortossers Mon 30-Nov-15 14:16:21

I'd be sooooooooo peeved! Our Santa is a tenner, but he's awesome! Same guy every year, properly decked out, real beard, really good with the kids. It's a 45 minute experience and they get a bag of magic reindeer food that thy make with the elves, a christmas book from Santa that he's read with them AND they get to pick a present from the magical grotto that's easily worth a tenner . . . Oh and the grown ups get a mince pie and a mulled wine . . . you were had! I would complain but all they're gonna do is refund your £7 . . . can't put a price on a bad Santa experience! sad

LilyDaisyPoppyRose Mon 30-Nov-15 14:28:51

Wow that sounds amazing!

WorraLiberty Mon 30-Nov-15 14:31:46

Yeah, name and shame.

QueenArseClangers Mon 30-Nov-15 14:32:08

Bloody hell NoTime! Where's that amazing place?
Please don't say Lapland grin

Notimefortossers Mon 30-Nov-15 18:13:00

www.frostsgardencentres.co.uk/Centres/Brampton/Santas_Grotto_at_Brampton_Garden_Centre

I go to the Brampton one, so can only speak for the Santa there, but loads of friends of mine go to Willington and the santa experience is the same and they also say the santa is brilliant so assume it would be the same at the other two sites too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now