Talk

Advanced search

to ask for Christmas present suggestions - for me!

(16 Posts)
MrsUnimaginative Sun 29-Nov-15 21:09:57

Because I can't think of a single thing, and my family all like to be given suggestions. Anyone read any great books? What are you coveting? Help!

ComposHatComesBack Sun 29-Nov-15 21:18:58

I'm a third of the way through Stoner by John Williams it is wonderfully moving (nothing to do with pot smoking, Stoner is the character's surname) and have and have Colm Toibin's Nora Webster to red next.

I've asked relatives for a Lamy Safari fountain pen. I do a lot of writing and my writing is nigh on illegible in Biro but they are beautiful to write with.They cost about £15. I will also ask for a Leuchtturm dairy and some note pads (a bit like Moleskine diaries but with far better quality paper).

londonrach Sun 29-Nov-15 21:30:34

Saucepans that dont burn our hands. Dh doesnt know but My dm has got it covered after realising the ones we were given (very kindly when we set up home x many years ago) by another family member werent working right anymore. Ive got my dsis and dbil some glasses with pretty designs on as they seem to never have enough due to having a smashing time. Ive also hinted a warm jumper would be good. We hoping to buy our first house and every penny is being saved at the moment.

What about one of those kindles? Is there any clothes you like? Think what have you always wanted but asked for? Hope you think of something?

redexpat Sun 29-Nov-15 21:43:56

Ive just browsed a few catalogues at my parents' house and i fancy a mug with an orchestra on it, and a toiletry bag that you unzip and hang up. I have also been stumped. Oooh how about footner? Ive got some for DH because evetyone on here raves about it.

Are there any places you want to go to next year? Season pass, or national trust membership. Any courses you would like to take. Any magazine subscriptions. Do you like the answer to all oroblems on mn - spa days. Beer or wine or cheese tasting. Dvd box set, subscription to netflix. Nice jewellery or watch. Scarves. Cashmere. Slippers. Any of those tickle your fancy?

redexpat Sun 29-Nov-15 21:45:05

Ive come up with more suggestions for a stranger online than myself. grinconfused

WiryElevator Sun 29-Nov-15 21:48:49

Kitchen Diaries 3 by Nige
Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir perfume

If I hadn't read the new Robert Galbraith I'd also ask for that

DP is getting me some new converse - the new type with paddy soles and arch support. Joy!! I live in mine. smile
Also - Chloe perfume (which I bought duty free a couple of months ago, but gave to him to give to me!!)
My DPs have recently paid for some very expensive private medical treatment for me, so I feel that's my birthdays and xmases for about 10 years!!!
I'd also like a couple of CDs and the new Val McDermid book. Oh - and some rhubarb Edinburgh gin!!

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Sun 29-Nov-15 22:02:21

Chocolate. Some nice chocolate!

Or a Lego model...

Do you have anything that is getting worn out? Coat? Shoes?

Tickets to a show or gig?

Supplies for a craft?

MrsUnimaginative Sun 29-Nov-15 22:03:06

Oooh, I definitely fancy some of these, love the idea of tickets, rhubarb gin sounds indulgent and i realise i really need a new toilet bag so - brilliant. And ill try the books too necause i am really unadventurous with my rreading usually. So thanks ever so much - hope you all get your lovely pressies as well smile

Saukko Sun 29-Nov-15 22:07:11

I've got myself a diary and wall planner from Paperchase, a Poler rucksack in the sales I've had my eye on, decent hat and gloves and REN skincare set. They just keep falling in my bags!

If anyone asks, I'll be dropping serious hints for a bottle of fancy bourbon or rye, wooden hair accessories (for those who like a challenge), a number of books and a Spicery subscription, but reeeaaaally I want the opportunity to go out and do things, so someone watches the kids and puts a voucher in my hands for, say, archery or rock-climbing or something.

freedom2011 Sun 29-Nov-15 22:07:26

On my list are
Chocolate truffles
An elegant scarf
A big mug for tea
Some new music books - easy sheet music
A puzzle
A broach
Earrings
Special hot chocolate powder

NeedMoreSleepOrSugar Sun 29-Nov-15 22:08:33

Oh, I'd love some suggestions too - I have spent about three weeks coming up with ideas for Christmas and my birthday (very close) and have managed to list a grand total of four things, which combined cost less than £14 - at least I'll not be expensive to buy for! grin

What types of book do you like?

Would any of these suit you OP?
- kindle or fire tablet (both reduced at the moment)
- Jo Malone or Woodwick candle
- Leather gloves
- Desigual Scarf
- Irregular Choice bag or shoes
- Voucher for massage/ beauty treatment
- New mobile phone

ghostyslovesheep Sun 29-Nov-15 22:10:59

I have purchased for myself:

Doctor Who Cluedo
A TARDIS purse tardis
New boots
a Book - Kate Atkinson 'A God In Ruins'
Doctor Who dvd
Chocs
Nice shower gel (Clarins)

freedom2011 Sun 29-Nov-15 22:13:01

Gloves
Theatre tickets
Refresher driving lessons
Gig tickets
Nivea products
Marmite

DH might get me one or two if I'm lucky. But I too always need to write a list. Which is fine as I like writing a list. Hope you get a lovely present and have a great Christmas with your loved ones OP

RhiWrites Sun 29-Nov-15 22:20:43

What kind of books do you like?

MrsUnimaginative Sun 29-Nov-15 22:23:24

Thanks again everyone - you're so helpful; now remembered I need a new laptop bag as bigger laptop, via the rucksack suggestion. You've got my brain kick-started and hopefully this will help lots of other people too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now