Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to be upset re Xmas works do?

(10 Posts)
Pepperpot123 Sat 28-Nov-15 22:19:39

Hello. I may be being unreasonable but I've seen on fb tonight that a group of ex workmates have gone on a night away. I haven't worked with them for over a year but we're still in regular contact ie we always still do Xmas nights out and in the last year they have attended some major life events of mine and I have for them aswell. We're still close (or so I thought) and I appreciate they all still work together but I'm a bit hurt.

PhilPhilConnors Sat 28-Nov-15 22:22:22

It's a work do and you no longer work there?

I can see it would be hurtful, but I think YAB a bit U, sorry.

MissFitt68 Sat 28-Nov-15 22:23:18

There will be more nights out closer to Xmas won't there? It's nowhere near 'xmas' yet anyway!

MissFitt68 Sat 28-Nov-15 22:23:15

Yes, yabu!

Pepperpot123 Sat 28-Nov-15 22:24:35

Fair enough. It's just that's were all still in touch and they're a small group. Since I've left we still do things ie nights out, weekends away but obviously it's not like that anymore

BaronessSamedi Sat 28-Nov-15 22:25:57

YABU.
you left!
did you want to be "in memorium" at your old work indefinitely?

Pepperpot123 Sat 28-Nov-15 22:27:29

I met them via work but we have friendships now that's why I was surprised as we've kept in touch and regularly do things still.

SuperFlyHigh Sat 28-Nov-15 22:38:56

They're ex workmates not friends really, that's your answer right there.

Pepperpot123 Sat 28-Nov-15 22:51:16

Seems you guys are right! Oh well another lesson learnt I guess x

SuperFlyHigh Sat 28-Nov-15 22:56:41

Pepper I've had this recently at a place I worked at for 5 months but very intense working relationships, all very nice, I even got them stuff when I went abroad that they asked for ( they gave me money for it), they were lovely when I left suddenly of my own accord but they both have lives outside the office, hopefully we'll meet up at some point for drinks but I won't lose sleep over it as the office was our main raison d'être if you see what I mean?? Nothing terrible about that. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now