Steam cleaner help needed quickly & I am BU

(10 Posts)
kippersmum Sat 28-Nov-15 21:39:45

I need opinions quickly... my DH has decided we need a steam cleaner & is about to place a big amazon order. He has found www.amazon.co.uk/K%C3%A4rcher-Steam-Cleaner-1500-Watt/dp/B00PQITWAK/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1448744756&sr=1-1&keywords=karcher+steam+cleaner

is it any good? or should I get something else? sorry to hijack AIBU but I need feedback quick before he changes his mind smile

TIA

HackerFucker22 Sat 28-Nov-15 21:41:42

Try reading the Amazon feedback

Yabu and a bit lazy!!!

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Sat 28-Nov-15 21:44:14

Yes it's great, get it.

kippersmum Sat 28-Nov-15 22:09:07

Thank you Hacker for your helpful reply. I can read Amazon feedback & I have done, but I was hoping from some replies from people who have used one on MN.

You seem to be an expert. Do you have one? Why do you like it?

or are you being awkward for the sake of it......

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Sat 28-Nov-15 22:13:43

I've got one. It's great for deep cleaning and really blitzing grot spots, great at windows, not so great on floors and not worth the hassle of getting it out every day, so it depends what you want it for really.

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Sat 28-Nov-15 22:15:43

Oh, I think it's great on floors! Depends on the type of floor though, of course.

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Sat 28-Nov-15 22:27:08

It's just the kitchen and bathroom here, both vinyl. I use a Vileda squirty mop on them, far quicker and more effective.

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Sat 28-Nov-15 22:28:22

The floors I use it on are tiled.

HackerFucker22 Sat 28-Nov-15 22:39:40

So 66 reviews on Amazon were not enough? Wowser!!! Are mn'ers and people who shop on Amazon a different species?

Girlwhowearsglasses Sat 28-Nov-15 23:11:56

I've got it.
It does a great job. It's a bit annoying to get out for a small job - if you can store it in kitchen this would be fine as you'd get it out more.

I've broken a nozzle but everything else seems fine.

Get more cloths- the microfibre ones.
We have wooden floors so well worth it. I do the walls too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now