Talk

Advanced search

To want the bedroom to myself

(17 Posts)
80sWaistcoat Sat 28-Nov-15 10:38:38

Lying here trying to have a quiet cup of tea and a gentle mumsnet after a bit of a night last night. Bloody husband who wasn't out last night and went to bed early is going very noisy stretching exercises with lots of huffing.

I think attention seeking and unnecessarily making a point. At least he's got a dressing gown on, I suppose. Aibu to want him to bigger off?

WorraLiberty Sat 28-Nov-15 10:42:58

Tell him to go and jog around the block

With his dressing gown on of course.

pinkstinks Sat 28-Nov-15 10:48:48

A gentle mumsnet grin

80sWaistcoat Sat 28-Nov-15 10:52:14

He's now sorting out his drawers. I don't care whether he keeps the purple jumper or not, honestly, I don't care...

iwantgin Sat 28-Nov-15 10:54:53

Pretend to be asleep.

80sWaistcoat Sat 28-Nov-15 10:56:35

I'm going to be forced to get up aren't I. I'm sure I'm radiating disinterest but it's not being picked up. Wilfully not being picked up.

DoreenLethal Sat 28-Nov-15 10:59:04

'hi husband, can you stop being so passive aggressive and if you want to do some chores, get yoursel downstairs and start with the kitchen. Ta'.

I have to say out late or not, my OH would never do this to me. He once had a rant at me on holiday that I wasn't up early enough and I pointed out that there was no rush, and it was my holiday too. Never did it again.

80sWaistcoat Sat 28-Nov-15 11:03:40

He's quite sweet really, just not good at taking a hint.

Seeyounearertime Sat 28-Nov-15 11:07:15

Stop hinting, ask him to make you a sarnie. When he asks what you want on it, tell him you want something you don't have nd he'll have to nip to the shop. But the only place they sell it is Aldi on the other side of town.
Peace for an hour and a sarnie, seems win win to me. grin

DeoGratias Sat 28-Nov-15 11:17:12

One of the nicest things after being married for 20 years to a snorer is waking up alone and yet so many men who want to date say that's exactly what they don't want - they want to wake up with a woman next to them. I don't understand it. Being alone in the bed room, your own bed, shutting the door is just absolutely marvellous. I don't think I'd move a man back in here ever.

DeoGratias Sat 28-Nov-15 11:18:03

Ah Freudian slip there.... I meant

One of the nicest things after being married for 20 years to a snorer and then getting divorced....

SarahSavesTheDay Sat 28-Nov-15 11:24:15

We have separate bedrooms, I highly recommend it.

mix56 Sat 28-Nov-15 11:32:17

The passive aggressive thing, always makes my blood boil. I recently got it for going to a funeral & went for a drink afterwards........like ? are you serious, you didn't die.......

I would have said,
"Darling, when you have ceased looking for my attention, behaving like a petulant child you could go & make me a cup of tea."

thornrose Sat 28-Nov-15 11:32:44

Are you sure AIBU is the right place for a gentle Mumsnet? grin

80sWaistcoat Sat 28-Nov-15 11:36:59

Granted aibu isn't the place for a gentle mumsnet!

I've mentioned the passive aggressive, and he's acknowledged and pointed out it's usually the other way round, fair point.

He's gone, having made me a cup of tea. I'm settling back down and its nice and quiet. Aah.

MrsDeVere Sat 28-Nov-15 11:53:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

80sWaistcoat Sat 28-Nov-15 11:57:45

V normal relationship!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now