Talk

Advanced search

To tag multiple people in my Facebook status?

(13 Posts)
CardiffUniversityNetballTeam Sat 28-Nov-15 07:31:42

I have big news to share on Facebook today. There are about fifty people on my friends list who I would like to tag in the status to say thank you to them.
Although I'm not sure if this would be annoying for them and unnecessary. WIBU to tag them all, especially as that would mean they'd get s notification every time someone liked or commented on the status?
I am fully aware this thread sounds horribly twatish and many people on mumsnet think Facebook is for mouth breathing idiots, but I thought I'd risk it and ask anyway ! grin

Motherinferior78 Sat 28-Nov-15 07:35:36

I would find it annoying tbh. Not just the updates but sharing a thank you with 49 other people just doesn't feel special!! Just type "thank you to everyone who supported me" or something similar that's relevant.

PicaK Sat 28-Nov-15 07:37:54

Send the 50 a message - then put the news on your wall. Sorted. (Ignore all the fb moaners!)

CardiffUniversityNetballTeam Sat 28-Nov-15 07:38:41

Thanks. I agree having thought about it a bit more. There are a couple of people who I think I will also send a personal message to separately, which is more personal and genuine than, as you say, a mass tagging!!

soulsurfer Sat 28-Nov-15 07:39:54

I don't actually think you can tag 50 - isn't there a list of around a dozen?

DevonFolk Sat 28-Nov-15 07:41:44

You can't tag that many people anyway can you? I thought the limit was a lot lower.

Btw, what's the news?! <nosy>

DevonFolk Sat 28-Nov-15 07:41:58

Slow x-post blush

TheTigerIsOut Sat 28-Nov-15 08:05:16

I hate it when people tags me. It is spam, visible to a lot of people.

I know your intentions are good, but a private group message to those 50 and a post in your wall would be more apropiate.

My suster tags me on anything my nephews do, I find it very irritating, if she really wants me to see her posts she only needs to visit my profile from time to time and facebook will show me her posts.

TheTigerIsOut Sat 28-Nov-15 08:06:13

Sister, not suster.

soulsurfer Sat 28-Nov-15 08:09:37

Tiger - you can set your settings so that if people tag you, you have to approve it before it will show up on your page/wall - a very useful feature I find!

TheTigerIsOut Sat 28-Nov-15 10:47:54

I am familiar with it and have it set up, I still receive emails with the comments of everyone who is tagged in the same picture even when I have not approved it at all.

Tags are there to indicate you are in a picture, not to force you to look at it.

Whaleshark Sat 28-Nov-15 10:52:12

Don't tag them because you can guarantee you will forget someone, then realise afterwards and feel bad! I'd just put a general thank you message, and personally message the ones you most want to thank.

WhispersOfWickedness Sat 28-Nov-15 11:04:44

I would be happy with it because I have to approve everything I am tagged in and have disabled all email notifications. But not everybody does, so I am wary of tagging anyone else in anything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now