Talk

Advanced search

To think that I'll never get better

(16 Posts)
Purplesky2 Fri 27-Nov-15 18:53:30

I have got myself in a complete state about it. Until 6 weeks ago I was very healthy, now I am a debilated wreck. I have a weird burning, tingling nerve type pain in my bum, sacrum, lower back and it goes down my outer leg. I have been to GP 4 times about this, firstly they said it was shingles, secondly - anxious, third time wait longer, 4th time blood tests - normal. I also have loose upset tummy everyday. I'm not sure if this is stress, related to my back or another weird thing. I feel generally unenergetic. I am going to work, looking after my kids 8,6,4 but I feel desperate to get some help for this problem as I feel so down and tired. It's going to ruin Christmas and the GPs (have seen 2) don't seem to want to help me. I'm convinced it something very serious and it dragging me down.

riverwalk Fri 27-Nov-15 18:58:01

I know this is a long shot, but you haven't got the mirena coil have you?

Minniemagoo Fri 27-Nov-15 18:59:20

I know it's hard to describe pain but based on the location and you mentioning nerve pain could it be lower sciatic/disc pain. When I burst a disc I had pain down my leg and did have loose bowels. Might be worth an MRI.

Purplesky2 Fri 27-Nov-15 18:59:40

No I had the other type but had that out last week in an attempt to fix this.

Badders123 Fri 27-Nov-15 19:07:59

Sounds like sciatica to me.
Any spinal issue that interferes with your bowels needs investigating.
Bloods being normal is good, but that won't show a disc issue.
You need an Mri.

FlumptyDumpty Fri 27-Nov-15 19:09:36

Sounds like a trapped nerve to me also.

ifyoulikepinacolada Fri 27-Nov-15 19:10:32

Sounds like sciatica OP. Which i promise is manageable once it's diagnosed. flowers

0ddsocks Fri 27-Nov-15 19:11:40

I was also thinking sciatica. Very treatable and painkillers can really help too

blobbityblob Fri 27-Nov-15 19:41:06

The health system works by you going back. If a test has not shown anything and you're still having symptoms, go back and ask for more tests.

Keep going back until you have an answer. Nobody else will do it for you.

Don't worry about making a nuisance of yourself. You need to find out what's causing this.

KaluzaKlein Fri 27-Nov-15 21:08:42

Go back. Politely demand answers.

It's most probably nerve pain - from sciatica, si joint dysfunction, disc issues etc.

They do need to rule other things out though, so go back and demand a further work up. Sometimes you need to be a bit politely pushy to get what you need

Purplesky2 Sat 28-Nov-15 09:27:41

Thanks for your advice. I will go back and even other to pay for private referral. I would have thought after 6 weeks I would be getting better. I fear the worst.

DansonslaCapucine Sat 28-Nov-15 09:34:38

I have Degenerative Disc Disease and have had your symptoms for years. It's just something I live with. Admittedly, my DDD was caused by another spinal condition.

When you say you fear the worst - what is it that you fear?

Purplesky2 Sat 28-Nov-15 09:39:27

A tumour!

thewookieswife Sat 28-Nov-15 09:53:28

I have DDD too - suffered for years then had surgery about 7 years ago to put scaffolding type rods in back ... Very scary as odds of successful surgery were not high - but I went from extreme pain and slow walking with two walking sticks at 28 years old to now running at 47 !! Totally changed my life !! Was a risk to take - but to be honest - in the end I felt I had nothing to loose...

Hope you don't get that bad - so if they tell you you need to rest - REST !! That's where I went wrong !! Thought I was invincible - I wasn't !!

Minniemagoo Sat 28-Nov-15 10:52:08

A scan of the area will tell you so much. Disc degeneration/ bulging disc or even dreaded but unlikely tumours. At this stage I would definately be requesting a scan.

Badders123 Sat 28-Nov-15 12:20:07

If you had a tumour your bloods would have shown inflammation?
I think that a bulging disc (like mine) is what the problem is.
Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now