Talk

Advanced search

Ive just accidentally called a Latvian Latvia

(9 Posts)
raranah Fri 27-Nov-15 18:32:15

He was helping me with some stuff in my office. As he left I just said "thanks Latvia" by mistake. His name is nothing like Latvia, but is an unusual name to hear it the uk, I think that is maybe why I accidentally forgot it and called him Latvia.

Should I apologise or just leave it?

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Fri 27-Nov-15 18:34:23

I expect he's forgotten about it.

cailindana Fri 27-Nov-15 18:34:38

Oh dear! A friend of mine mocked my Irish accent once without thinking - she was mortified but I appreciated the fact that she apologised and I found it funny.

Are you sure he heard you?

Cel982 Fri 27-Nov-15 18:37:16

grin

I'd just brazen it out. Any time you see him from now on, shout out very loudly "Go Latvia!" Maybe while wearing a Latvian flag around your shoulders like a cape. He'll just think you really really like his country.

mintoil Fri 27-Nov-15 19:07:45

I agree to brazen it out if he says anything. You were simply thanking Latvia for sending him to you.

ThatsNiceDear Fri 27-Nov-15 19:29:45

I wouldn't worry at all (also that's hilarious)! But honestly, apologise, or don't but don't agonise about it. I'd laugh if someone said 'Thanks Britain' when I helped them - gratitude on a grand scale!

Heebiejeebie Fri 27-Nov-15 20:40:46

My friend spent all week calling one of the builders Tyler, till he left her a note from Steve, the tiler.

raranah Sat 28-Nov-15 06:36:17

I'm pretty sure he heard.will brazen it out!

Love the tiler story!

topcat2014 Sat 28-Nov-15 09:35:24

There is actually a roof tiler in our town called Tyler.
Mind you, I wonder how many Farmers are farmers, Bakers bakers etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now