Talk

Advanced search

To ask if you could help me find a full time course for DD aged 16 to start in January (London)

(2 Posts)
crepeyneck Fri 27-Nov-15 08:08:58

I just can't find anything and if he does not do something I will lose child benefit and working tax credits which I just cannot afford. Staying put is not an option.

flamingnoravera Fri 27-Nov-15 09:02:59

January starts are hard but not impossible to find, funding and academic years just dont work easily to January starts. I suggest you call around all the Further Education Colleges in your area and ask. There will be some who offer level 1 courses for NEETS (young people who are not in education or training) that start in January.

Why is she in this situation? Your daughter needs to take a pro-active role in this if she is able. Your needs for money are undertandable but they will not motivate her to attend and if she does not, or has a poor history of attendance she may find it difficult to find somewhere that will take her.

I just googled "college courses starting in January 2016" and I can see a whole list of colleges from Westminster to Newham offering new year starts. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now