Talk

Advanced search

To buy myself a Christmas present?

(26 Posts)
jamesdeandaydream Thu 26-Nov-15 20:48:15

I've just 'accidentally' bought myself a new pair of expensive boots without thinking twice about it but now I'm feeling guilty. In my defence I needed them as the ones I've worn the hell out of are looking very worse for wear and I do a lot of walking. Anyone else been treating themselves? grin

CakeNinja Thu 26-Nov-15 20:51:30

Bloody hell don't feel guilty about buying something you need confused
I regularly buy things for myself, both things I need and things I just want, completely guilt free.

AlpacaPicnic Thu 26-Nov-15 20:56:07

You're better than me... I decided I 'needed' some new Christmas tree lights the other day, and I also 'need' a Christmassy teapot and new festive mugs...

tibbawyrots Thu 26-Nov-15 21:18:16

I needed some chocolate earlier... Asda also sold me wine. grin

Jibberjabberjooo Thu 26-Nov-15 21:20:20

In the last week I've bought a new coat, three pairs of jeans, two tops and some boots. Does that make you feel better? grin

EatDessertFirst Thu 26-Nov-15 21:25:01

I bought myself a new food processor as a Christmas present. YANBU.

iwannadancewithsomebody Thu 26-Nov-15 21:29:39

tibbagrin Asda make me do that all the time!

OP, don't feel guilty you did need them. I,on the other hand did not require two new coats this week but they are so pretty

Happy Christmas to you!

Hassled Thu 26-Nov-15 21:30:04

I seem to have inadvertently bought myself a beauty product advent calendar. I haven't had an advent calendar since I was about 14 and I am pathetically excited (and a bit guilty).

EatShitDerek Thu 26-Nov-15 21:32:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Specialsnowflake1 Thu 26-Nov-15 21:35:27

I always buy myself a christmas present which I wrap and put in my pile. Then I act all surprised on christmas day when I open it (sad i know). This year I have bought myself ted and muffy boots.

mrsmeerkat Thu 26-Nov-15 21:38:15

I bought myself an early present - a coffee machine. I want a joules dressing gown as I have only ever owned cheapies from primark, a bottle of port and some nice eye make up.. I must resist!

MrEverything Thu 26-Nov-15 21:40:41

YANBU. I always buy myself a Christmas present and a birthday present. I know exactly what I like so I'm always delighted. grin Go for it!

jamesdeandaydream Thu 26-Nov-15 21:45:19

This is making me feel better grin

Those beauty advent calendars look amazing but that may have to be next year's treat. I think I'll make this a new christmas tradition!

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Thu 26-Nov-15 21:50:28

I bought myself a lovely piece of Bridgewater pottery today with the members 30% discount and then a lovely new scarf. They will be my Christmas presents because I don't trust dh to give me anything remotely nice. So I felt totally justified. grin

madmotherof2 Thu 26-Nov-15 21:54:14

I regularly buy myself Christmas presents! It's the only way I'll get nice little treats that my husband wouldn't think of!

My mum used to do it when I was a child and I found it odd...

f1fan2015 Thu 26-Nov-15 22:02:54

I have bought myself two Lego creator sets - nominally from my DP wink

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Thu 26-Nov-15 22:05:22

I bought myself a Lego advent calendar. Dd helped me buy it. I also bought chocolate. It was on special offer, I had to...

OublietteBravo Thu 26-Nov-15 22:07:37

I bought some new boots this week too. I'm now considering wrapping them up so I can open them at Christmas grin

CakeNinja Thu 26-Nov-15 22:10:15

Ooh do you know what I want to buy myself now?
One of those things that are essentially earmuffs but like a flat band they grips round the back of your head.
What are they called and where can I get one?
Would make my chilly morning runs so much more pleasant, get so cold they hurt, and would also help keep my headphones in!

jamesdeandaydream Fri 27-Nov-15 08:03:45

Cake I bought one from H&M (if we're both talking about the same thing) but I have no idea what they're called! I wore it once and it kept riding up thanks to my big head grin

Fallout4fan Fri 27-Nov-15 09:29:20

I don't need half the stuff I buy and I certainly don't feel guilty about it.

DeletePlay Fri 27-Nov-15 09:32:10

Yes, I buy things in November/December that I want/need and don't feel guilty about it - the only difference is that I don't call them Christmas presents.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Fri 27-Nov-15 10:43:13

Cake Joules do some furry ones, they're just called hwadbands.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Fri 27-Nov-15 10:43:58

Or headbands, which is what I thought I typed. hmm

HereIAm20 Fri 27-Nov-15 11:04:21

Sadly does buying new fluffy towels in the Black Friday sale count? We are having our bathroom refitted so thought I'd buy some lovely new ones to go with it (and I'll just ignore the cupboard full of ones I already have).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now