Talk

Advanced search

Please some ideas for dd 6

(10 Posts)
Crayfishyuck Wed 25-Nov-15 10:51:41

Dd is 6, 7 in April and I am stuck for Christmas present ideas for her this year. She is creative, loves to read and is my eldest dc so still pretty young for her age iyswim. She loves making jewellery and 'designing', too.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated, thank you.

HaydeeofMonteCristo Wed 25-Nov-15 10:56:22

I got my 7 year old a "kiddizoom" watch because that's what she wanted. It was quite cheap - £30. Things like books and craft kits sound good for your DD - there are good craft kits on Amazon, included making jewellery kits.

araiba Wed 25-Nov-15 11:31:06

i would buy her something she can read and something where she can design and make jewelry.

happy to help

LadyColinCampbell Wed 25-Nov-15 11:56:02

If you have a Hobbycraft near you they have a massive selection of craft kits for kids, with jewellery making, hama beads, paper crafting etc. You could go there for inspiration and then look on Amazon to see if you can get it on there for less money if necessary. WH Smiths also have a great selection of kids books and if I remember rightly they arrange them by age so you can easily find the more age appropriate ones.

ceebie Wed 25-Nov-15 12:32:16

I'm thinking of getting a sock craft kit for DD (also 6). The unicorn one looks good, and they're only £10 so I'll be able to get a few other things too.

ceebie Wed 25-Nov-15 12:33:11

i would buy her something she can read and something where she can design and make jewelry.

happy to help

araiba grin

ceebie Wed 25-Nov-15 12:35:12

A French knitting bee and some wool?

There's a kit for making hairbands from strips of t-shirts, DD was give one and the hairbands are great (apart from the naff plastic flowers you can add)

wowis Wed 25-Nov-15 12:43:07

for my 8 year old ds I bought a cheap desk and clip on light and loads of cheap art and craft supplies all put into cheap comtainers boxes etc and called it his' art studio'. (He loves to draw and make) he loved it and it felt like a big present but was really not expensive. You could do this but with jewelry and beads etc. Wilkinsons have loads of dead cheap craft bits. If there isn't room in her room for it maybe put it down stairs or buy a big empty tool box and fill it with stuff so she has a 'design kit '

wornoutboots Wed 25-Nov-15 14:25:24

loads of craft kits in poundland and wilko's

Djelibeyb Wed 25-Nov-15 14:33:00

A maker box/desk. If you have a space the desk idea of wowis is perfect. If not a maker box. I got DD a big pretty storage box with a proper clip on lid (like the really useful boxes but a diff brand) at that age and rammed it full of craft kits, pens, books, paper, scissors, glue etc. It can be as cheap or expensive as you like (you can buy craft kits from the £1 shop) and you can customise the box and contents to your DDs specific tastes. A big box which has catches on also keeps it all safe away from any smaller DC!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now