Talk

Advanced search

To file a complaint even though it was nearly a year ago?

(6 Posts)
RoundAndAroundWeGo Wed 25-Nov-15 00:57:32

My baby is nearly a year old. When I went to the birthing centre to have her te first midwife was very hostile, she barely spoke to me and when she did she was very rude.

When she checked me to see how many cams I was dislocated she was very very rough, to the point I put my hand down to try and stops too her and said "stop your really hurting me" she didn't stop and d said I'm "nearly done"

It was agony I felt like she was punching me. It wasn't my irate birth, when I had my son I was checked several times and not once did it hurt.

When I had my daughter is gotten my do to check me and he didn't hurt me and he's not a professional.

Would I be unreasonable to file a complaint this far down the line? I've been pondering it for months now and I'm still cross and upset that it had happened.

I asked her to stop and she didn't even though I'd made it clear she was hurting me. Looking back I wish id made a complaint earlier

RoundAndAroundWeGo Wed 25-Nov-15 00:58:52

I'm really sorry about the spelling I didn't check it before I posted!

OddSocksHighHeels Wed 25-Nov-15 01:00:57

The second you told her to stop she should have done. That isn't acceptable, especially with you in such a vulnerable state.

Please do complain, the length of time doesn't matter. flowers for you

chumbler Wed 25-Nov-15 01:28:14

Was she giving you a sweep do you think? I had a mw who said she was only checking but then gave me a sweep - big shock!

Sorry you still feel bad about this. If it still upsets you make the complaint

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Wed 25-Nov-15 01:35:22

Oh sweetie. It makes no difference when it was, and for the record 1 year is no where near a long time.
You said 'stop you're really hurting me and she carried on. That is abuse.
Plus if you're posting about in 1 year later. It must silll be effecting and upsetting you.
So Yanbu

RoundAndAroundWeGo Wed 25-Nov-15 02:09:40

No she wasn't doing a sweep I've had one before and that didn't hurt. It was uncomfortable but didn't hurt. She was very rough.

Thank you for the replies. I wasn't sure if I could/should complain nearly a year later.

My dp thought she was in a bad mood because she'd had to come from another town to the birthing centre to open it as such and she only stayed an hour before 2 other midwifes took over ( who were both very lovely and kind )

Thank you for the replies. I'll look up in the morning how to strt a complaint and who to send it to

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now