Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy Facebook quiz thing

(9 Posts)
jemsywemsy Tue 24-Nov-15 21:00:27

I keep seeing this quiz thing on FB where it says who on your friends list "will have a baby in 2016". Am I just having a sense of humour failure or is that pretty insensitive? Like what if someone that was tagged in it was struggling to conceive, or recently had a loss, and you didn't know? Maybe I'm being a miserable cow but I've unfriended someone who's posted it (although she was on thin ice anyway tbh!). I'm not a big fan of those FB quizzes generally but I normally consider them harmless enough - this one just feels really wrong to me.

y0rkier0se Tue 24-Nov-15 21:03:39

I think it's based on the most popular baby names in the year that the average age of pregnant women were born if that makes any sense? Like if Rebecca was the most popular name in 1990 and the average age of women have children is 25, Rebecca would be number 1 on the list. It's harmless and just more Facebook crap but I can understand how people who are suffering fertility issues etc would find it difficult. So I think in the nicest way YAB(slightly)U but don't blame you for itsmile

Jw35 Tue 24-Nov-15 21:04:22

I've seen that! How strange! My name wasn't there though and I'm expecting!

Agree silly and not very sensitive

Samcro Tue 24-Nov-15 21:05:39

I saw it and ignored it, if you get upset about every thing on fb, well...you know the answer

jemsywemsy Tue 24-Nov-15 21:06:37

I should say I'm not dealing with those issues myself, which possibly makes me all the more unreasonable to be so irked with it. FB seems generally full of drivel at the moment. Maybe time for a social media break!

PurpleDaisies Tue 24-Nov-15 21:08:54

As someone dealing with those issues I wouldn't be hurt by it (unless one of my friends who knew about it tagged me in it).

I think it is a stupid waste of time - as is most of what's on Facebook!

BeeePeee Tue 24-Nov-15 21:13:11

I agree it's insensitive and also stupid.

Fratelli Wed 25-Nov-15 06:51:53

It's stupid like many things on fb. If you're finding yourself this affected/upset by it then just don't have it or don't look at it.

SarahSavesTheDay Wed 25-Nov-15 07:00:09

Doesn't Facebook know your age? Seems simpler than trying to make assumptions based on your name.

Deactivate your account. I don't have one and I quite like that no one knows anything about me, apart from what I actually tell them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now