Talk

Advanced search

Playground politics

(11 Posts)
flannelwash Tue 24-Nov-15 15:43:12

Well that buddy bus stop doesn't work! O waited a whole 30 minutes there at pick up and no-one wanted to be my friend. I don't need more friends but don't want to appear snotty. AIBU to never have mum friends again?

flannelwash Tue 24-Nov-15 17:13:06

Do I smell or something?!

gandalf456 Tue 24-Nov-15 21:51:54

What's a buddy bus stop?

I have two children, aged 11 and 6 and I have come to the conclusion to be friendly and nice but keep a businesslike kind of a distance.

Children complicate relationships as their friendships are very fickle and, thrown into the mix are the very different parenting styles. Plus the fact that other people's kids get on your nerves and then you start wishing that you weren't so friendly with their mums so they could stop coming round your house. You probably wouldn't notice the differences between your friends as much until you become parents.

If you want to meet people, I would comfort yourself with the fact that this kind of environment is not for everyone in terms of forging lifelong friendships even if it does work for some. It doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you but I'd try to explore a different avenue for making new friends.

WorraLiberty Tue 24-Nov-15 22:07:59

I don't really understand the OP

They have buddy stops for parents now?

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Tue 24-Nov-15 22:14:25

Try again tomorrow?

You will get 3 buddies at once!

Joolsy Tue 24-Nov-15 22:14:30

Why would you wait 30 mins? I tend to turn up at the last minute at pick up & drop off so I don't have to hang around! You'll make friends in your own time. By yr 3/4 the siblings will have started reception & some of the kids will be coming in on their own so alot less mums will be in the playground for your kids' classes. And by yr 6 it's only the ones that actually enjoy drop off/pick up that are ever there.

PaulAnkaTheDog Tue 24-Nov-15 22:43:41

Eh?!

ClashOfUsernames Tue 24-Nov-15 22:54:02

I think the OP was making a joke.

PaulAnkaTheDog Tue 24-Nov-15 23:04:56

Really? I appear to be missing it, along with others.

CocktailQueen Tue 24-Nov-15 23:06:19

Poor op! If you were at my school, I'd come and talk to you. grin

Weathergames Tue 24-Nov-15 23:14:11

worral grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now