Talk

Advanced search

To buy myself an Xbox?

(40 Posts)
ValiantMouse Tue 24-Nov-15 13:13:48

I have this weird guilt thing about spending money on myself unless it's something I really need. I'd quite like an Xbox and the new Tomb Raider game, have seen a cracking deal and yet I just keep talking myself out of actually getting it! I don't know why, I got a small inheritance in the spring when an Uncle died so it's not like I'd be leaving myself short!

WIBU to treat myself to an Xbox?

AnchorDownDeepBreath Tue 24-Nov-15 13:14:56

I did. I love it. If you can afford it and you want it, go for it.

Enjolrass Tue 24-Nov-15 13:15:30

I am getting one in a couple of weeks.

The kids will probably play on it, but it's for me dh mistakenly thinks he will get a look in grin

ouryve Tue 24-Nov-15 13:15:40

Of course YWNBU!

TimeToMuskUp Tue 24-Nov-15 13:17:26

Do it. Sometimes you need to treat yourself, today is definitely one of those days.

gamerchick Tue 24-Nov-15 13:18:04

Do it, why wouldn't you?

We had to get 3 of the twats!

Get a tb hardrive though not the 500.

ValiantMouse Tue 24-Nov-15 13:20:18

Like I said, I have this weird guilt thing that I think comes from living for a long time on the bare bones, with just enough money for the basics! That's changed now, but the reluctance to splash out has stayed!

It is the 1TB. Stupid question- is the controller included?

DawnOfTheDoggers Tue 24-Nov-15 13:30:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GrimmauldPlace Tue 24-Nov-15 13:41:02

Do it! I get what you're saying about the guilt. I get that too. No problem spending loads on the kids, DH, other people in general. My favourite pair of jeans ripped the other day <sob> and DH had to force me to buy a new pair because I felt so bad.
Silly, really!
If you want it and no one's going to go hungry if you get it then why not?

BubsandMoo Tue 24-Nov-15 13:44:02

Go for it!

I count my Wii as practically therapy, it's a treat for myself, distraction/diversion from the stresses of life, and a relaxation tool (as long as it's not right before I need to sleep!).

For me, the key to not feeling guilty about treating myself to things like this is convincing myself that I do really need it, because my own mental/emotional health and wellbeing are important and worth prioritising smile

gamerchick Tue 24-Nov-15 13:48:13

I think they all come with a controller. If be surprised if it didn't...

AllMyBestFriendsAreMetalheads Tue 24-Nov-15 13:48:26

YY do it!

We run our digibox through the Xbox One and having voice control for TV is quite good when the remote has been hidden by one of the children. You can access iplayer and 4od and other apps through it too, it's so much more than just gaming now.

Some people like to go to the pub, I like to play on the Xbox!

puddock Tue 24-Nov-15 13:49:09

I'm tempted myself, same reason... WHich deal is it?

Intheprocess Tue 24-Nov-15 13:50:04

You'll be able to watch Blu-Rays too. Buy it!

ValiantMouse Tue 24-Nov-15 13:50:25

Dawn, www.game.co.uk/en/xbox-one-1tb-console-with-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-2-month-now-tv-movies-pass-898409?categoryIdentifier=906249&catGroupId= (They have other games too!)

It's done. It should arrive tomorrow and I can't wait now. Took me a few deep breaths to be able to click the pay now button though! smile

ChristmasZombie Tue 24-Nov-15 13:51:21

Yes, do it. I fucking love our 360, but DH is upgrading us to an Xbox One on Friday!

DawnOfTheDoggers Tue 24-Nov-15 14:01:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

puddock Tue 24-Nov-15 14:04:24

Yay! Glad to have enabled smile

ValiantMouse Tue 24-Nov-15 14:05:48

:D Thank you all for the prod!

50ShadesofNope Tue 24-Nov-15 14:10:29

Enjoy! I recently bought DP an Xbox one for his birthday. He's away at the moment so I'm loving having unfettered access to it. Just be prepared for hours to pass you by...

wasonthelist Tue 24-Nov-15 14:31:06

I bought a second-hand Wii a few weeks ago. I am not exactly an early adopter 😊

Kacie123 Tue 24-Nov-15 14:48:49

Do it grin my favourites are the Lego Marvel game and Assassins Creed Syndicate (where you explore industrial and WW1 London, it's amazing!)

If you want to scare the shit out of yourself, try Alien Isolation...

Kacie123 Tue 24-Nov-15 14:49:31

We got an extra remote too and a recharger unit - that way you don't have one die on you halfway through a game without any backup!

MothertotheLordsofmisrule Tue 24-Nov-15 16:21:40

There's no better feeling than being asked by your 13 year old how to do something in an Xbox game.

lighteningirl Tue 24-Nov-15 16:24:23

I bought myself an Xbox One with Fallout 4 with my birthday money (plus another £200) treat yourself

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now