Talk

Advanced search

Glasgow science centre closed Mondays and Tuesday s in the winter

(7 Posts)
raranah Tue 24-Nov-15 12:13:27

Aibu to think this is a bit shit? Ive just got membership and my only two days off are Mon and Tue. The rest of the days it's closes at 3pm.

No warning when I got the membership that it s hours would be way less in the winter.

I'd of thought more people would go in the winter

talkinnpeace Tue 24-Nov-15 12:33:31

Their grant has been cut. They cannot afford the wages.

Notasinglefuckwasgiven Tue 24-Nov-15 12:51:45

I worked there 4 years ago briefly during a career break. It was the same then. It is on the website etc but they don't make it very clear due to the year passes they sell for some reason.

Specialsnowflake1 Tue 24-Nov-15 12:54:39

Glasgow as a whole is closed on a monday. There can't be many touristy things open like the People's palace.

HumTiddlyTum Tue 24-Nov-15 12:55:18

It's on the passport registration form that you filled in. It is pretty crap though.

giraffesCantDoThat Tue 24-Nov-15 13:16:08

It's a shame but they have said it is because of school trips...they don't make enough money to be open on those days in the winter cos less school trips.

If you go 2.5 times you've paid for your pass. I still think it's good value.

raranah Tue 24-Nov-15 13:16:29

It probabably was somewhere when I signed up, but not very obvious. I understand one day, but two and short hours the rest of the week seems excessive.

Was in Starbucks for half an hour next door, and a stream of people kept coming up disappointed so there is a decent amount of demand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now