Talk

Advanced search

to eat fruit and yoghurt

(30 Posts)
tuilamum Tue 24-Nov-15 11:32:12

So the other weekend I went to get myself some breakfast and decided that I didn't fancy cereal so I got myself some tinned fruit salad and cherry yoghurt in a bowl... Cue DP telling me I was "a tramp" and that was disgusting...
I don't mind eating weird combos of food I do it all the time (cheese and chocolate spread sandwiches anyone?) but I'm just confused because I thought that was fairly normal???
(also he can't judge because he like cheese and lemon curd in sandwiches eeewwww)

EatShitDerek Tue 24-Nov-15 11:33:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TwoSmellyDogs Tue 24-Nov-15 11:34:45

I like toast thick with peanut butter and topped with Bovril. The names I get called for that aren't even postable! I also like cheese and jam sandwiches. And cold curry on toast. grin

Arfarfanarf Tue 24-Nov-15 11:34:52

fruit and yoghurt is nice.

Commenting on what another person chooses to eat is not.

Tell him to naff off. grin

MoreGilmoreGirls Tue 24-Nov-15 11:35:14

I eat fruit and yoghurt most mornings. Don't understand the problem...

OurBlanche Tue 24-Nov-15 11:36:03

"a tramp"?

Is it normal to call the woman you love "a tramp"?

Yick... to him and your cheese and chocolate combo!

Arfarfanarf Tue 24-Nov-15 11:35:59

I wish I hadn't posted the above. Now I can't tell you what I think of cold curry on toast without being a total hypocrite. damn and blast. grin

tuilamum Tue 24-Nov-15 11:36:24

Yeah I don't get the lemon curd thing, especially with cheese
Thank you I thought it was a pretty standard breakfast... I don't care about the manner of insult, that's his way of saying I'm a bit of a weirdo I just didn't think it was weird?

TwoSmellyDogs Tue 24-Nov-15 11:37:01

{grin] You can tell me! And I'll tell you if it's worse than what gets said here!

spankhurst Tue 24-Nov-15 11:37:48

I like banana and Marmite on toast. It's heavenly.

Your breakfast sounds fine, what a lot of people eat.

tuilamum Tue 24-Nov-15 11:40:43

I can actually see the appeal of cold curry on toast... I don't like peanut bitter tho so yuk to that one!
As for the tramp comment, he's not the most eloquent of people (he openly calls himself a chav, even has the word tattooed on him bc it was his nickname as a teenager) so he's not being purposely offensive

ootsideinbacktaefront Tue 24-Nov-15 11:47:34

I was once eating my lunch at work while i was eating a tomato, someone said ' ew do you eat them raw!' confusedsmile

MackerelOfFact Tue 24-Nov-15 11:51:47

Fruit and yoghurt is a pretty standard breakfast as far as I'm concerned!

I was at The Real Greek the other day and they were trying to pass fruit and yoghurt off as a 'sundae'. Not even frozen yoghurt! Just plain Greek yoghurt and fruit piled into a glass with some kind of coulis in it. That's breakfast, not dessert.

tuilamum Tue 24-Nov-15 11:58:18

Mackerel I would be fine with that as a dessert but its definitely not a sundae!
ootside I hate cooked tomatoes I only ever eat them raw, that's how they're supposed to be! I like sliced raw tomatoes on toast that was my fave pregnancy snack :D
You're all making me feel much better about my very normal breakfast

Notso Tue 24-Nov-15 12:08:15

Fruit and yoghurt is a bog standard breakfast.

I find cereal and milk one of the most disgusting things ever. The thought of forcing that down first thing gives me the boaks.

KittyandTeal Tue 24-Nov-15 12:11:50

Fruit, yoghurt with granola on top is a fav lunch of mine

catfordbetty Tue 24-Nov-15 12:15:02

Given that many yoghurt pots are fruit flavoured and/or contain fruit, your DP's position is unreasonable.

ootsideinbacktaefront Tue 24-Nov-15 12:30:24

Tuila I love them both ways, was so shocked someone had never seen them raw, Have they never had a salad!!

girlywhirly Tue 24-Nov-15 13:15:15

OP, clearly your DP has never been to Greece where fruit and Greek yoghurt are standard as part of breakfast.

Gruntfuttock Tue 24-Nov-15 13:24:16

Fruit with yogurt is surely a very normal thing to eat. How does your DP think anyone is "a tramp" for eating it? It makes no sense. It's also a disgusting way to talk to anyone, let alone your partner.

tuilamum Tue 24-Nov-15 16:42:31

Ok I didn't want this to turn into hating on DP for his vocabulary choices... I think he was put off because the yoghurt was purpleish, it was cherry flavour so I guess the colours looked weird or something.he did also say that it looked like thing 1 and thing 2s food from cat in the hat
ootside must live on a diet of fried breakfasts!
girlywhirly no he's not very multicultural grin

mumeeee Tue 24-Nov-15 18:17:16

Fruit and yoghurt is a standard breakfast they even serve it at hotel breakfast buffets.

thickgit Tue 24-Nov-15 18:39:58

I eat plain yoghurt, chopped bananas, grapes or melon and nuts every single morning ;)

Oysterbabe Tue 24-Nov-15 18:41:06

I have fruit and yogurt for breakfast all the time.

frankie001 Tue 24-Nov-15 18:44:24

I have fruit and yoghurt most days. I also love cereal and yoghurt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now