Talk

Advanced search

To be bemused by my colleague's saucy secreta santa wishlist?

(26 Posts)
Catscatsandmorecats Tue 24-Nov-15 10:21:26

(Moved from Christmas as no help there!)

At work, we are using an online secret Santa thingy on which you can add a wish list from Amazon.

The person I have drawn has a 'Sexy Pinup Girls Act Erotic' calendar on his list. WTAF?? Who does this?!

Now, obviously each to their own and I don't really care about my colleagues choice of saucy calendar choices but surely it is not very professional to include on a wish list shared with a person you may not know very well at work?

Funnily enough we had an ethics email on Friday, I think he must have ignored that!

Honestly it has completely derailed my day! I am now totally obsessed with trying to find out if it is a joke (although knowing this person I don't think so) or if not, what to do.

I'd quite like to call his bluff and buy it but then I may get into trouble with the ethics police.

DH thinks I should buy him a male nudey calendar instead but same problem as above.

There is a way I can send him an anonymous message on the secret Santa thing. Maybe I could pretend he's been reported for an offensive item?

What should I do? any ideas?

TheSpottedZebra Tue 24-Nov-15 10:23:12

A wish list for Secret Santa? The world has officially gone mad.

Stay out of the calendar malarkey, and just buy him something shit.

PickleSarnie Tue 24-Nov-15 10:25:12

A wish list?!? There is absolutely nothing for £5 and under (or whatever arbitrary amount has been set) that I wish for that I wouldn't buy for myself.

And isn't the whole point of secret santa is that it's secret?!

MrsFrisbyMouse Tue 24-Nov-15 10:25:49

Kittens

Twindroops Tue 24-Nov-15 10:27:58

Chocolate willies. all the way.

Fugghetaboutit Tue 24-Nov-15 10:27:58

Is he 13?

WorraLiberty Tue 24-Nov-15 10:28:18

WTF?? I can't believe someone's organised a wish list for a secret santa??

You might as well just swap fivers and be done with it.

Part of the fun is hunting down something shit but relevant to the person who was drawn for you.

Catscatsandmorecats Tue 24-Nov-15 10:35:13

Pickle and Worra I know! It is crazy, but that's what we are doing.

Fugghe No, but he often behaves like he is! He is naive in his behavior rather than blatant. I kind of think I should send him an anonymous message to let him know its inappropriate so he doesn't do something like it again. I don't want to be a party pooper though.

usual Tue 24-Nov-15 10:39:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Arfarfanarf Tue 24-Nov-15 10:43:20

get him this

Fugghetaboutit Tue 24-Nov-15 10:47:12

Get him a kitten one

TheWordOfBagheera Tue 24-Nov-15 10:52:05

He sounds delightful. Surely he realises it's inappropriate but just doesn't care (or thinks he's funny)? Or can someone really think that's a pleasant and ok thing to ask for as a gift at a work do?

If you can be bothered, buy the calendar but remove the front cover and stick it on one of picturesque English cottages or something equally dull.

MackerelOfFact Tue 24-Nov-15 10:53:25

Are you sure it wasn't someone adding it to his list as a joke? Or maybe he's added it to his wishlist because he's buying it as a 'joke' for someone else (my wishlist is just full of gift ideas for other people).

Get him this one.

reni2 Tue 24-Nov-15 10:54:11

Something like this? Wishlists take the fun out of Secret Santa.

VestalVirgin Tue 24-Nov-15 11:02:42

Clearly this wish is a cry for help.

Listen to it and give him a feminist book. Maybe "Paid For" by Rachel Moran.

Or a selfmade calendar with pictures of Jim Hines imitating ridiculous cover poses of female characters. www.jimchines.com/2012/01/striking-a-pose/

winchester1 Tue 24-Nov-15 11:07:11

Could you not just report it to hr and let them tak to him about it?

OnlyLovers Tue 24-Nov-15 11:17:10

I'd take it to HR, personally.

But isn't the whole point of Secret Santa that you don't get to dictate what you receive? confused

GruntledOne Tue 24-Nov-15 11:30:51

Oh, ffs, don't take it to HR, that would be ridiculous. Either ignore it or get him the kittens calendar.

Catscatsandmorecats Tue 24-Nov-15 11:37:16

No, I don't want to get him in trouble, he's just a bit naive that's all. I don't think there's even a way to quietly say that he should be a little more careful.

I desperately do want to do something funny - I love the naked cats and Jim Hines calendars ideas. Thanks MNers grin

Masterpiece1 Tue 24-Nov-15 12:27:39

Play him at his own game, be a dick back and buy him Cliff Richard's calendar or summit.

thelittleredhen Tue 24-Nov-15 12:35:30

It's so when his mum/gf says "WTF is that calendar??!" he can say "haha, yeah, I got it in the Secret Santa at work".

Notasinglefuckwasgiven Tue 24-Nov-15 12:49:14

I'll see if the sweaty hairy drivers at work fancy posing in their thermal y fronts for a calendar for his gift grin. The boy will never get " excited " again after that eye full wink

Threesquids Tue 24-Nov-15 12:52:05

Someone at my work got a butt plug once. That didn't go down well!

goodelfallover Tue 24-Nov-15 13:37:18

Penis pasta from Hawkins went down well last year. Fnar fnar...

SaucyJack Tue 24-Nov-15 14:14:33

If he wants a saucy calendar, send him one with a picture of me smoking a fag in my dressing-gown on it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now