Talk

Advanced search

To not put a Xmas tree up this year?

(11 Posts)
PiperChapstick Mon 23-Nov-15 19:26:36

First world problem alert!

We are moving house on 28th December - really not ideal in the least but it was the only day we had to ensure the chain went smoothly! I've already started packing up the stuff we're not gonna use before then, such as summer clothes and DVDs. WIBU to not put a Xmas tree up as it's one more thing to take down? DH thinks I'm being a Scrooge McDuck (his words, I think he thinks that's Scrooges actual name). We have a DD who is 2.5yo so I don't think she's particularly bothered but by the way DH bangs on about it you'd think she'll need therapy when she's older for a lack of tree. "What will we put the presents under", he asks hmm

Am IBU or is he?

Bubbletree4 Mon 23-Nov-15 19:29:14

Yanbu. Your dc is so little they'll never remember. Your dh is a grown up and ought to be able to suck this up!

SaucyJack Mon 23-Nov-15 19:30:16

I'd say you were the unreasonable one.

Just get a small fibre optic or ready decorated one. Take two minutes max to stick back in the box.

Justmuddlingalong Mon 23-Nov-15 19:31:58

Is he offering to put up/take down the tree? Or is it added onto the long list of things you've got to do?

TheLambShankRedemption Mon 23-Nov-15 19:33:37

Oh put the tree up. Comes down much faster than it goes up.

honeyroar Mon 23-Nov-15 19:33:38

I've had the odd year when we've had reasons that we couldn't have a big tree or fuss, but we've just had a tiny one instead so that it was still magical for DSS.

Buttercup27 Mon 23-Nov-15 19:36:56

We moved the week before Christmas, we compromised and had a small (5ft) Fake Tree Decorated In the house that we were leaving (that was put into the back of the removal lorry fully decorated then lifted out at the other end).
The difference ce is we moved the week before and it was back into our own home from rented, rather than into a new house.
Maybe a small tree could be a compromise for you too.

PiperChapstick Mon 23-Nov-15 19:37:34

Is he offering to put up/take down the tree? Or is it added onto the long list of things you've got to do?

Is he shite, it's also why I take exception as I'll end up doing it. We've moved a few times and he packs things up at the pace of a snail stuck in superglue.

froggyjump Mon 23-Nov-15 19:42:02

we moved on 21st December, didn't put a tree up prior to the move, but had it in the 'first unpacked' few boxes so it was up that day. The new neighbours loved it as the house had been empty for a year before we moved in.

The people who moved in to our old house walked a fully decorated tree round from their previous home in the snow - it looked great!

can you get a cheap small fake one and leave it when you move?

AlpacaPicnic Mon 23-Nov-15 19:48:35

Get one of these posters

Sorted!

Cornettoninja Mon 23-Nov-15 19:52:17

YANBU, it's an extra faff that is completely optional.

If he's feeling particularly festive though he could pin fairy lights and tinsel on the wall in a christmas tree shape. There are loads of ideas on the internet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now