Talk

Advanced search

To want to remove my own tonsils with a steak knife?

(8 Posts)
CesareBorgiasUnicornMask Mon 23-Nov-15 04:08:45

(It's the sharpest instrument I possess since DH destroyed my nice veg knife.)

I have tonsillitis for the third time since September. Not a sore throat I'm being a wuss about, to clarify, but actual full on dripping-with-pus tonsillitis. The first time I had two weeks of antibiotics, it got better and then came back ten days later, so then I had four weeks of antibiotics. And now it's started AGAIN and I'm going to need more bloody antibiotics and realistically even more time off uni. Last time I had it I lost someone I was tutoring as well because I couldn't turn up.

This has happened almost every winter for the last five or six years.

WHY WON'T SOMEONE TAKE THE DAMN THINGS OUT?!

Self-pitying rant alert: (And I'm up with DS watching bloody Pocoyo because he WILL NOT SLEEP, and DH has been in A&E twice this week with what is apparently chronic appendicitis and they won't fucking take that out either, even though he's spent a week off work writhing and vomiting. And his car has finally died today and will need replacing. EVERYTHING IS SHITE.)

LaurieFairyCake Mon 23-Nov-15 05:51:26

Why won't they take them out??

Can you pay privately? I had tonsillitis every 3 month for 10 years until they took them out (as a child). So much better.

fuzzywuzzy Mon 23-Nov-15 06:08:31

OP go to GP and ask to have a referral to have them removed.

Think they now have a threshold of four nuts of tonsillitis a year and your referred for an op. I didn't quite make the cute hmm I end up completely knocked out by tonsillitis when I get it.

I'm shocked they won't take your DH's appendix out that could be life threatening! shock

fuzzywuzzy Mon 23-Nov-15 06:09:11

Bouts not nuts!

GreatFuckability Mon 23-Nov-15 06:09:23

Oh I sympathise!. Have you been to ent and they refuse??? That's awful.

CesareBorgiasUnicornMask Mon 23-Nov-15 09:53:17

I've asked every year but never quite seem to make the threshold. And because I've moved around so much I never see the same GP two winters running. I got some sleep but have woken up unable to swallow. Yughh sad

And fuzzy apparently this kind isn't, because it's coming and going instead of getting worse and worse. So hrs waiting for a referral instead of having it out as an emergency. Still miserable for him though.

fuzzywuzzy Mon 23-Nov-15 10:56:27

shouldn't they have your medical records wherever you go tho?

Gosh you poor thing, I really feel for you.

AliceScarlett Mon 23-Nov-15 13:21:19

Record all the bouts and ask very firmly to have them out. If you want to be really manipulative say you will cut them out yourself (no don't say that).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now