Talk

Advanced search

People who announce they're leaving, stand up, say goodbye...and then don't go!

(8 Posts)
TheHouseOnTheLane Mon 23-Nov-15 01:45:23

WHY!?

WHY the prolonged leave-taking?

Explain please?

patterkiller Mon 23-Nov-15 01:58:17

DH does this about everything in life. 'I'm going in the shower' still sitting there fifteen minutes later, 'I'm making a cuppa' still sitting there ten minutes later. 'I'm going to the shop' still fucking sitting there twenty minutes later.

I'm with you, either go or don't say anything.

MistressoftheYoniverse Mon 23-Nov-15 02:12:24

Stuff happens...so you are leaving to go to the shops...then someone wants to come with you..the phone rings...there's an extremely interesting moment on T.V...you can't find your left shoe...the cat gives you evils and you are concerned.you realise you really need a wee...drinks anyone?..suddenly you realise your eyebrows are not 'On Fleek'...so many reasons grin

Senpai Mon 23-Nov-15 03:12:19

If I'm at someone's house I do the opposite. My friends know if they don't kick me out, I don't ever leave. But when they tell me I should head out, it's an abrupt goodbye. I don't faff about leaving.

At home, I don't announce it until I have a foot out the door. DH announces it then faffs around for a while.

claraschu Mon 23-Nov-15 04:46:28

We have a name for this behaviour. We call it "frisching" (the word is derived from the surname of a confirmed frischer).

You know how the last few crumbs of cake that you snaffle from the edge of the serving dish always taste better than the big piece? I think frisching is just enjoying the cake crumbs of your visit... I am sometimes guilty.

ProfessorPreciseaBug Mon 23-Nov-15 05:04:40

Depends who and where...
I know some people who won't let me out the door. I say I must be off and they come out with another thing to talk about.

My aged parents say they are leaving ....... and about an hour later get out the front door.... That one really bugs me as I am waiting about when I could do something.

EponasWildDaughter Mon 23-Nov-15 09:20:26

Yes, YANBU OP.

I also hate it when people wont take the hint that it's time for the end of a phone call. They finish what they're saying and you say:

''Right. Ok; well - i aught to go now i'm meant to be doing XY Z so er ...... ''.

I mean wouldn't you take that hint? I would! But no - MIL and DM are both buggers for ignoring it completely and just starting on with something new!

I'm so bad at stopping other people talking!

DonkeyOaty Mon 23-Nov-15 09:47:39

Swish them out the door. Takes some front the first time you do it but soon becomes second nature. Am presuming guests/visitors BTW.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now