Talk

Advanced search

To be worried about this

(3 Posts)
Summeblaze Mon 23-Nov-15 01:04:39

I am currently ttc and have been diagnosed with an umbilical hernia. It is so small that it just looks like I have a half outy belly button.

I went to the dr and he said it was small and nothing needs doing. I asked him about ttc and he said it was fine and could be repaired afterwards as to do it before would cause it to tear when pregnant.

It isn't painful and is still soft but I am still worried. The dr I saw isn't a very nice one and I don't really always trust him.

Anyone had a similar experience. I don't want to wait longer as I am an older person.

chumbler Mon 23-Nov-15 01:06:57

Sorry no experience of this but If you don't trust him seek a 2nd opinion

MistressoftheYoniverse Mon 23-Nov-15 01:25:45

I had a hiatus hernia...it was repaired after the pregnancy...I had my own issues with consultant's side kick telling me 'I think you need to loose weight' when my belly looked like Everest's smaller sister Everette..anyway...if you are unsure get a second opinion you can just go to see another dr in your surgery no big deal feeling confident is important... sometimes drs can be quite dismissive and if it will settle your mind it is well worth it x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now