Talk

Advanced search

party entertainer issue!

(5 Posts)
madmotherof2 Sun 22-Nov-15 19:27:21

AIBU to write an email about this?

Yesterday we had a party from my 7 year old and his friend. We used an entertainer, who cost £240 for an hour (20 children) with £10 extra each for additional children. I booked for 25 children, the entertainer confirmed earlier in the week that it was 25 children.

Just after all of the children had arrived the entertainer approached me saying she needed 4 adult helpers to help her, plus an extra to sit with the children " to help keep their attention", as we had such a large group.

As it was a 7 year old party it's not uncommon for parents to not stay, and as the parents of the party children we were busy arranging food and sorting party games for after the food. So there wasn't any free adults (certainly not 5!) so I asked my eldest to help the entertainer.

Whilst it worked ok, I do really question what the extra cost for any children making the group 20+ covered? As I don't see how she used an additional £60 in costs?! I assumed ( and I know I should have checked!) that the extra money would cover an extra assistant to the entertainer! I just felt for that price we shouldn't have been made to feel an inconvenience and been expected to rope in helpers! How would she have coped if we had had no adults at all to help? My husband sat with the children to watch.

I am tempted to send an email, predominately clarifying the extra cost and what that covers, I'm abit annoyed with it!

mrsmalcolmreynolds Sun 22-Nov-15 19:46:10

That sounds really expensive to start with tbh! I live in commuter belt Surrey and paid £180 for an entertainer who was great and v professional. It was a whole class party so I checked in advance that numbers would be ok and was told up to 30 was fine (and it was)!

I would be annoyed and inclined to query why the pre - arranged £60 wasn't used for the presumed purpose to help cope with the numbers. YANBU.

LifeIsChaos Sun 22-Nov-15 19:52:18

What did the entertainer do?

I've hired entertainers before for around £200 for a two hour party and they did everything, all I had to do was the food which I paid for pizza delivery and supply a cake.

balletgirlmum Sun 22-Nov-15 19:56:46

I used to do children's parties & it was an extra £50 for more than 20 children. That covered the cost of an extra assistant & consumables such as balloons, stickers & prizes which I provided.

I always made it clear that we were there to entertain & expected there to be at least 1 adult present who could deal with toilet trips, upset children, behaviour issues etc.

madmotherof2 Mon 23-Nov-15 16:33:23

Thanks all

It was a science party.

I've had a reply to the email and they've deducted the cost of the extra children

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now