Talk

Advanced search

to think that Body Shop body scrubs are never used?

(61 Posts)
CandyAndSparkles Fri 20-Nov-15 19:19:03

I have had 3 of these in gift sets in the last year or so and they are gathering dust.

I did try using the chocolate one I got but it is messy to scrub around and looks like poo and I prefer other methods of exfoliation.

I can't be the only one not to use them but is there anyone who does?

GabiSolis Fri 20-Nov-15 19:20:21

I love them but then I am a bit weird! grin

I also love Lush bath bombs....!

FortyFacedFuckers Fri 20-Nov-15 19:20:51

I always use the scrubs! Grapefruit is my favourite. It's all the body butters that never get used here.

CandyAndSparkles Fri 20-Nov-15 19:22:26

Oh fortyfaced - we should swap! I do use the body butters.

It seems IABU about the scrubs, then.

Bath bombs, I like.

BrianButterfield Fri 20-Nov-15 19:24:43

I always have a scrub in my shower in case I ever actually used it. This caused consternation in 4yo DS when he decided to help himself to my toiletries. "Mummy, what is that sand milk?"

londonrach Fri 20-Nov-15 19:25:57

Yanbu re this op. Only items worth buying is body butters. Sadly bady shop is the shop of my youth...

EllieJayJay Fri 20-Nov-15 19:27:01

Disagree... It's the body butters I have hundreds off smile

Gabi I also like lush bath bombs too ;)

ScarlettDarling Fri 20-Nov-15 19:28:21

No, yanbu, they're vile!

My Dh bought me some last Christmas, mistaking them for the body butters which I do like. I have tried a few times to use them but they're so messy and sloppy and scratchy and smelly and...bleurgh!

NerrSnerr Fri 20-Nov-15 19:28:24

I love the scrubs but never use the body butters. I adore Lush bath bombs too.

londonrach Fri 20-Nov-15 19:36:45

Sides up to nerr..any spare body butters. Impressed you can go into lush. The smell makes me sick. Ive not managed to walk past lush yet.

Fluffy24 Fri 20-Nov-15 19:39:13

Use the scrubs but never the body butters.

The Shea one is very yummy!

Believeitornot Fri 20-Nov-15 19:40:40

Yabu

Send them my way. I can never justify buying them so love them as a gift

Lolimax Fri 20-Nov-15 19:43:55

I cba to moisturise and will become wrinkly very soon but I do like a scrub!!

StrawberrytallCake Fri 20-Nov-15 19:45:39

I'm doing some work on the body shop at the moment (university) any ideas on how they could update their offerings to make it less 'shop of our youth' would be amazing.

caker Fri 20-Nov-15 19:46:40

I tried one once and it was incredibly greasy and went white when I rubbed it in, like lard! Couldn't rinse it off and it made the bath really slippery. Yuck.

RealHuman Fri 20-Nov-15 19:52:05

My skin just sort of comes off on its own. I tried a scrub once and it hurt. So bow they gather cobwebs dust.

SmillasSenseOfSnow Fri 20-Nov-15 19:58:15

My skin just sort of comes off on its own.

Sorry if this is a real problem and this is heartless but I'm laughing so much at this.

MadHattersWineParty Fri 20-Nov-15 19:59:20

The chocolate body butter one leaves horrid residue. I went out in the summer and was rather laisse faire about rubbing it in (because I am lazy blush) and it streaked all orange and brown on my bare legs.

The scrub to match it is sitting on the side of the shower collecting scum...
I do love the olive oil one though.

Whatthefucknameisntalreadytake Fri 20-Nov-15 20:03:13

I love a good scrub! Any recommendations from fellow scrub lovers?

Whatthefucknameisntalreadytake Fri 20-Nov-15 20:04:44

Ps Strawberry if I were in charge I'd completely revamp the brand and go all alick and modern, maybe black and purple. At the moment it does feel like walking back into 1992.

Whatthefucknameisntalreadytake Fri 20-Nov-15 20:05:31

And silver!

Whatthefucknameisntalreadytake Fri 20-Nov-15 20:06:00

Slick not alick

whatdoIget Fri 20-Nov-15 20:08:33

Is it wrong that I'd just like the body shop to go back to how it was in the 90s? I know I'm old sad grin

AshleyWilkes Fri 20-Nov-15 20:14:49

I LOVE the body shop scrubs! I have the chocolate one and the coconut one. The cocoa butter one is gorgeous too.

My bath looks like a mess afterwards but its worth it for silky smooth skin smile

RealHuman Fri 20-Nov-15 20:15:34

Smillas, not in any sort of problematic way, usually, thankfully. It's just that my skin throws a tantrum if I try to put anything on it, and seems happiest if left to its own devices re: exfoliation and moisturiser.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now