Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to make another GP appointment

(12 Posts)
Gizmo2206 Fri 20-Nov-15 12:21:53

A few weeks ago my baby came up in a rash which we went to the GP for and she was diagnosed with Hand Foot and Mouth (though the doctor said it was an unusual presentation of it) about a week later some of the spots hadn't gone so I went to Pharmacist who said it was Ringworm I treated it with recommended cream and it didn't go away so took her to GP who diagnosed her with eczema and said the cream had been making it worse. Yesterday I noticed a scab on her nose and today it looks worse. I have seen kids with impetigo before (am a teacher) and im worried it could be that am I being neurotic to make ANOTHER appointment?

Baby is 7 months old (5.5 corrected) and has other health 'issues' which I think makes it harder for me to be objective when it comes to smaller things!

Have attached a photo!

ScarlettDarling Fri 20-Nov-15 12:34:49

That does look like impetigo to me. It could be that the original rash was one of the other things but that when the skin was broken, she contracted impetigo.

Don't panic about it. Impetigo is easy to treat, some fucidin antibiotic cream applied a few times a day should do it. But it does have to be prescribed, so yes, YANBU to make another GP appointment.

Gizmo2206 Fri 20-Nov-15 12:38:45

Thanks for replying, i think it's when the receptionist last week said "oh no not you again" even though it was said in a jokey way hmm it's made me worry they have written 'neurotic parent' over my files!!!

ScarlettDarling Fri 20-Nov-15 12:43:01

Don't worry if the receptionist thinks you're a neurotic parent! Most parents are neurotic, especially with tiny babies who can't speak up when something hurts or is itchy or stingy...it's our job as mums to speak up for them.

MrsLupo Fri 20-Nov-15 19:00:16

Yes, go back to GP. Don't feel you're being neurotic. When you have DCs there are sometimes whole years when you should probably have your own chair in the waiting room. All HCPs understand that sometimes it's like that. And even if you were being neurotic, well, so what. Best to be sure with little ones. All HCPs understand that too. Stuff the receptionist. Chin up. brew

HackerFucker22 Fri 20-Nov-15 19:16:10

Looks sore (is there a bruise too?)

Def book another appointment!

dobbythedoggy Fri 20-Nov-15 20:27:06

Under 1 dd had a few weeks here and there where she was in to see the gp multipul times in the same week. One lot of bank holidays when the gps was closed we ended up needing to see out of hours at the local hosptial multipul times last year. It really was a case of not you again with the receptionist then!

I had a week with a mystery rash when I was still working where I saw the gp 3 times as each of the creams prescribed made things much worse. Wasn't a choice to leave it when working with tinies!

EllieJayJay Fri 20-Nov-15 20:30:11

Makes me so cross that these non-medical people feel it's ok having the attitude of or actually saying not you again... It's none of their business they have no idea what's going on

May09Bump Fri 20-Nov-15 20:39:06

Also, get them to consider rhinitus (there can be two types - allergic and non-allergic) My son's nose can look like this - but further down the nostril.

Really don't worry about going as often as you feel you need, your the mother and a GP said to me always follow my instincts. They would rather send a healthy baby away than never see a sick one.

Ignore the receptionist or just say yep can I get the VIP treatment smile

isntthatapippip Fri 20-Nov-15 20:44:30

Make the appointment. Hope it clears up soon.

didireallysaythat Fri 20-Nov-15 20:45:23

Go to the GP again.

If it's any consolation the lady on the desk said 'Oh you again' when DS2 got ambulanced (aged 6 weeks) into A&E for the second time in 12 hours too. On the plus side, she didn't have to do the admittance paperwork again.

tuilamum Fri 20-Nov-15 21:55:56

My aunt knows a GP personally and she told me that when dealing with babies doctors would rather you went and there be nothing wrong, than thee be something wrong and you not go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now