Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be relieved that my baby has been asleep for too long?

(8 Posts)
Feeches Fri 20-Nov-15 10:41:27

My dd is now 7 weeks. I love her to bits but if I'm being honest I've found the last few weeks hellish.

Attempts to BF were a disaster. She's had bad oral thrush and now I think she possibly has silent reflux. She is hard to settle and struggles to feed despite obvious hunger. She has screamed for hours every night this week.

This morning she has been asleep for 3 hours. A record session this week. She has had 3 feeds since 2 this morning, all between 30 and 80 mls each. She must be starving, yet I don't want to wake her as the peace and quiet is soooo nice. Should I be concerned or just leave her?

QuiteLikely5 Fri 20-Nov-15 10:48:12

Leave her. And enjoy the peace.

Also analyse if you have done anything differently this time to make her sleep so long and if you did just keep doing it!

smile

HaydeeofMonteCristo Fri 20-Nov-15 10:56:44

Oh yes leave her. Try to get some more sleep if you can.

elelfrance Fri 20-Nov-15 11:09:17

leave her, leave her, leave her... if she was hungry, you'd know about it :-D

likeaboss Fri 20-Nov-15 11:11:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ScarlettDarling Fri 20-Nov-15 11:21:01

Ooh, enjoy!

She certainly won't be starving after just 3 hours and this could be the start of her getting herself into a routine where she does sleep for longer stretches.

With both of mine, at about 6 weeks, they started taking longer feeds and going longer between feeds, and most importantly, sleeping longer!

Absolutely nothing to be concerned about, please leave her and put your feet up!

Feeches Fri 20-Nov-15 12:32:25

Thank you good people! She had a full bottle when she finally woke and with minimal fuss!

kissmethere Fri 20-Nov-15 13:18:21

Oh God my DD was a sleeper and if she didn't sleep that's when we knew something was wrong. Leave her if she does it again, I did.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now