Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To just assume my daughter will be a famous film director

(11 Posts)
MissTwister Fri 20-Nov-15 08:52:52

...and that is why it's okay to put her in front of the TV? It's something I swore I would never ever do but at only 4 months old sometimes it's the only place she's happy. I do lots of other stuff with her throughout the day too but staring at the screen is the only thing she'll do happily on her own for more than 10 minutes allowing me to do stuff around the house.

Am I damaging her irreparably? What should I do!?

Imknackeredzzz Fri 20-Nov-15 11:13:05

I have to do the same with my 6 month DS as u say sometimes it's the only thing that will amuse him long enough to get some lunch, or do the washing etc. Wouldn't worry too much about it- I think almost everyone does it.
As long as there not sitting there 12 hours a day I can't see the harm

G1veMeStrength Fri 20-Nov-15 11:16:21

Ach don't stress and she will be fine. When mine were tiny there was Baby Einstein DVDs - now they are both in top sets at school. So there you are, proof it is fine.

ScarlettDarling Fri 20-Nov-15 11:16:40

Haha..don't worry, we've all done it!

I bought 'Baby mozart' and ' baby Beethoven' DVDs when mine were teeny, so I could reassure myself that they were being educated instead of just vegging out infront of Fireman Sam. But they did watch their fair share of Fireman Sam too!

Honest, it's fine. Get CBeebies on and relax with a cuppa!

bruffin Fri 20-Nov-15 11:24:49

I have lovely video of my DS at about 8 months old, sitting in a little red chair watching the washing machine going round. Every time there is a change in the cycle or a gush of water,he starts examining the machine to see what happened.
He is 20 and at uni now studying to be a mechanical engineer grin

FWIW Postman Pat was brilliant for giving me time to unload the shopping.

SheHasAWildHeart Fri 20-Nov-15 13:52:24

I love that bruffin!
DD is ALWAYS colouring and drawing, I don't understand how she doesn't get tired or fed up. I console myself with the fact that one day her paintings will be in world famous art galleries.

bruffin Fri 20-Nov-15 14:13:44

You never know Shehasawildheart grin

bilbodog Fri 20-Nov-15 15:30:03

Don't worry - my son is now 25 and spent his young years watching Tom and Jerry and Disney - he now does 3D animation as a job and I told him years ago he would work on toy story 10..... Nearly there!

PrimalLass Fri 20-Nov-15 16:05:13

DS went from whingey to happy when we put him in front of the tv on his mat - at 5 weeks old blush

Jw35 Fri 20-Nov-15 16:38:17

I don't put on kids TV but I've occasionally stuck on ice age for my 10 month old and given her biscuits because she sometimes is just impossible and whingy!

batshitlady Fri 20-Nov-15 16:56:01

Don't be daft OP. As long as you mix up her day with other stuff. It's fine. Mine used to like nothing better than flopping down on the couch in front of their favourite films. I swear if I ever hear any of the music from Jungle Book again I'll hang myself!!!!! And I know Monster inc word for word...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now