Talk

Advanced search

to think my 2 year old is the funniest person I know!

(73 Posts)
babybellsmum Thu 19-Nov-15 14:44:15

When you're due to give birth and really need a boost you can always rely on a 2 year old! Here's a conversation that just happened between me and my 26 month daughter! Please share any funny things your kids have done/said...maybe I can laugh this baby out!

DD(comes over and holds my face in both hands): big poo, BIG POOOOO!
Me: ok, do you need a new nappy?
DD (cuddling my head and kissing me on the cheek, sounding genuinely concerned!): yes please....don't worry mummy.
Me (laughing my head off): I'm not worried darling.
DD: what funny? Big poo no funny!

mouldycheesefan Thu 19-Nov-15 14:49:14

Think you had to be there...

FellOffMyUnicorn Thu 19-Nov-15 14:50:44

I think you'd be better off with some raspberry leaf tea and a strong curry to get the baby out.(do they still recommend that??)

Children are normally only funny to their parents, and sometimes not even then

babybellsmum Thu 19-Nov-15 14:51:22

Oh dear, overdue and housebound taking its toll maybe...

FellOffMyUnicorn Thu 19-Nov-15 14:58:28

sorry - have some flowers

Wolfie2 Thu 19-Nov-15 15:02:53

I totally understand. I adore the funny random things they say. My DD told me she had a magic nose the other day.

slicedfinger Thu 19-Nov-15 15:03:45

Going against the flow here, I do think that is funny!

Dfg15 Thu 19-Nov-15 15:04:37

It was cute - no need for snarky comments

SarahSavesTheDay Thu 19-Nov-15 15:07:11

Adorable. Big poo not funny at all!

MyNewBearTotoro Thu 19-Nov-15 15:07:25

Oh bless her smile I love the strange things DC say too. My DD very sincerely told me she was drawing a 'dead camel' the other day.

Wolfie2 Thu 19-Nov-15 15:07:36

The more vocal they are, the funnier they get I find.

confusedandemployed Thu 19-Nov-15 15:07:58

It was cute!

My DD is 2.9yo and picks up some stuff that we say to her. Recently after a tickle fest she wagged her finger at DH and told him, "That's enough tickles for one day!"

babybellsmum Thu 19-Nov-15 15:08:05

Ha well maybe I'm not quite going crazy then if I'm not the only one to find it funny. Although if she makes me laugh that's all that matters smile

babybellsmum Thu 19-Nov-15 15:09:41

Brilliant! They ARE funny little humans!

GloGirl Thu 19-Nov-15 15:09:46

As mine is nearing 3 I am losing the hilarity of him a bit. As he found his own personality I was just over joyed with him! He was so funny! He is still hilarious if course but the surprise of it is no longer a factor.

But I agree with you it caught me too! Yesterday through a series of cheeky facial expressions and intonations I can't convey he asked for a bath, and I said no bath no water today. He threw all the newspapers from the bathroom into the bath and then asked if it was ok to get in a newspaper bath instead. But it is very much you had to be there, and he has to be yours to find it quite so funny.

Imchangingmyname Thu 19-Nov-15 15:17:30

YABU.

Diggum Thu 19-Nov-15 15:21:46

I laughedgrin

Sharingnicely Thu 19-Nov-15 15:38:59

I can imagine that being very funny!

My DD gives a running commentary on all the people she knows who have pooed every time she does one. 'Daddy big poo!' 'Mummy big poo!" "Nana big poo!" "Woof woof big poo!" All done with a very serious expression on, as if she's telling me some really sad piece of information.

If I say, "oh really?" she says, "Mmmmm', with a wisftful expression, as if she's thinking fondly of all those poos that have come before

MargaretHale Thu 19-Nov-15 15:47:10

"Mummy, let's play a cunning trick on daddy! Let's put loads and loads and loads of butter in his hair!!!"

babybellsmum Thu 19-Nov-15 16:15:41

Haha Sharing and Margaret, they are fab smile

MrsFionaCharming Thu 19-Nov-15 16:39:23

One of my Cubs announced last night that he's getting a green Lamborghini for Christmas.

"No you're not, you don't even have a driving license!" Was the reply from another child.

CurlyBlueberry Thu 19-Nov-15 16:51:19

Aww, I'm not sure I quite 'get it'... but my 2 year old is hilarious to me (not to anyone else)! We have a great time laughing together sometimes when he's not driving me mad grin

ShebaShimmyShake Thu 19-Nov-15 16:54:42

I once told my nephew I was going to put my makeup on and make myself beautiful. He said it must take a long time.

Pollyputhtekettleon Thu 19-Nov-15 16:59:34

2 year old sitting on the loo doing a poo (sorry just following on with the poo theme).

Him - will it be a fixed poo or will it be a broken poo (voice all animated)
-Plop. Plop.
- oh. It's a broken poo. (Voice all disappointed).

helenahandbag Thu 19-Nov-15 17:01:20

He said it must take a long time.

Harsh grin

My friend's 2.6yo was eating dinner and asked, "can I have some cheese with this, please, my love?"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now