Talk

Advanced search

To wake up my poorly DH...

(4 Posts)
KittyVonCatsworth Thu 19-Nov-15 13:27:39

We are both so I'll with the dreaded lurgy and it's been a battle with the air con and fan every night for 3 nights now as we're at different stages of the lurgy.

I managed to crawl out of bed today and wash all the sweaty bed linen, including the mattress protector and under quilt (it's 8.30pm here and still 26degrees so we sleep with just a sheet over us). Put all the bed linen out to dry, I nip out to replenish medicines etc and have come back to him sleeping on a bare mattress, no air con on and no fan. It's like a fecking oven in there and I'm so tired and sore that all I wanted to do was crawl into fresh sheets in a lovely cold room. I don't want to wake the poor soul, and we have no spare room. Do I make a too much noise and wake him up or suck it up!

MummyPig24 Thu 19-Nov-15 14:27:14

I would gently wake him and either ask for help if he is able or direct him to the sofa while you make the bed.

shutupanddance Thu 19-Nov-15 14:39:48

Oh you poor things. Its just horrible. Wake him up gently. Your ill too.flowers

KittyVonCatsworth Thu 19-Nov-15 14:45:38

Ha! I've managed to assemble the linen in a very shambolic manner without him leaving the bed a'la old folks home by shoogling him from one side of the bed to the other and he hasn't woken up properly, so now I can blast the air con for 5 and put the fan on - bliss!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now