Talk

Advanced search

Very nervous about dc's school trip to Germany this weekend

(5 Posts)
PepperThePrepper Thu 19-Nov-15 11:44:27

14yo Dc is going to Germany this weekend with school. They'll be doing a lot of the big tourist attractions, museums etc.

The events in Paris have made me really nervous about the trip. I know it's highly unlikely that he'll get caught up in any terrorist events but I feel sick to the stomach about the thought of him going.

Mil thinks Im mad to let him go. I think we should all try to carry on as normal but part of me is starting to think mil might be right!?

slightlyglitterpaned Thu 19-Nov-15 11:58:40

Can't offer any specific advice, but have been looking at Foreign Office advice:
www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/germany
We're due to visit Christmas markets soon. Comparing with advice for France, they are very different.

VestalVirgin Thu 19-Nov-15 12:02:07

I live in Germany all the time. Don't think we have to panic just yet. smile

Museums and tourist attractions are not usually as full as football stadiums, so I doubt there will be attacks on those.

ExitPursuedByABear Thu 19-Nov-15 12:03:17

DD and DH are going to New York just before Christmas.

I am already worrying sad

Shoxfordian Thu 19-Nov-15 12:05:39

If you start restricting your movements then you let fear/terrorists win. I'm going to central london on Saturday, there's been a severe threat level for a while but it's been fine. I think you would be very unreasonable to not let your son go on this trip.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now