Talk

Advanced search

To be traumatised by my alarm clock

(7 Posts)
Magicpaintbrush Thu 19-Nov-15 07:54:58

Inside bed: warm and cosy. Outside bed: cold and dark. Alarm clock goes off - noooooo! Worst sound in the universe. Surely it must still be the middle of the night???? Drag self to bathroom, start brushing teeth, realise after a minute I am standing there brushing with eyes shut. Haul self into shower. Haul self out of shower - freezing!!! Warm bathroom suddenly feels like Antarctic.

Still pitch black outside the window.

Want desperately to go back to bed.

Traumatised.

Oysterbabe Thu 19-Nov-15 08:13:35

I recommend a lumi. It makes getting up a lot easier.

TheSecondOfHerName Thu 19-Nov-15 08:16:32

A Lumie definitely makes winter mornings more manageable.

GreenSand Thu 19-Nov-15 08:26:14

We've moved continent. Shipped my trusty uni alarm clock over. Plugged in, and set for 6 am.
It goes off the next morning, and I can't believe it's morning. I check another clock (not sure why), and its 4.30 confused the clock obviously can't cope with the electricity here, tho it is apparently the same voltage as UK. Not be impressed!!!

Hope it wasn't that early for you, and you've woken up now. I'm off for lunch grin

GruntledOne Thu 19-Nov-15 08:31:02

I've got a Phillips equivalent to the lumi and can strongly recommend it. I usually wake to light gradually coming on, but if I don't I'm then wakened by the sound of birdsong. So much more civilised.

Magicpaintbrush Thu 19-Nov-15 10:29:18

A lumi ... might be a good Christmas pressie request, thanks for the idea :-)

U2HasTheEdge Thu 19-Nov-15 10:31:05

Love my lumie.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now