Talk

Advanced search

Condolences

(4 Posts)
MaggieRose14 Wed 18-Nov-15 20:25:25

I have quite possibly lost all perspective on things and have let the fact I don't like my PIL get to me.

My DGM passed away early yesterday morning. I was with her. We have always been extremely close, I used to live with her, she was like my mother. I have received lovely messages and cards of family and friends already, but nothing from PIL. AIBU to think that they should have send me a text to say they are sorry to hear the news (or something along those lines)?

A bit of background - I don't get on especially well with PIL, I think they are snooty, they don't think I'm good enough for DH and that I could do better as a mother for DS. My DH told them yesterday morning that DGM had passed away.

They are quick enough to text me when it suits them.

I am very sorry for your loss.

And I absolutely understand why you are so hurt by the lack of any acknowledgement of your loss from your ILs. Sadly, I suspect that, if they had sent a message, it would be lip service - not the heartfelt and genuine messages you have received from your family and friends.

You and your darling grandmother deserve so much better than this, from your ILs.

Hormonal1 Wed 18-Nov-15 20:31:42

OP this was just like reading about my life.... A relative of mine passed away earlier this year (we were very close) and my PIL did exactly the same, just ignored it. I thought it was rude and hurtful. Some people just think about themselves. Here's some flowers for you and I'm so sorry for your loss.

KatyN Wed 18-Nov-15 20:31:40

So sorry about your grandmother.
It might be a venerqtional thing but my parents would never dream of sending condolences by text. I would expect something to be said in person or a card.

Hopefully they will step up in the next week or so.

K

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now