Talk

Advanced search

To really hate it when they remake classic children programmes as they are always fucking awful?

(42 Posts)
StewandDumpling Wed 18-Nov-15 14:06:20

Why can't they just leave things alone and come up with some original ideas for a change. Instead of ruining my sacred childhood memories?

Last night I made the mistake of typing "Fireman Sam" into the Youtube search box. What appeared made me fucking fume. Gone was the lovingly made original series with puppets and where the fire always looked like it was made out of that orange and red cellophane you used to use in art and craft in school. It was replaced by the most God awful looking CGI rubbish. I'm still getting over Postman Pat having a bloody helicopter now, and this just took the biscuit.

Thomas the Tank is also in CGI now apparently, as is Noddy. I've not watched the new Dangrmouse and Ive no intention of doing so as no doubt that will be shit as well.

Seriously, does this annoy anyone else? CGI doesn't even look good, and I think it will date horribly in years to come.

HumphreyCobblers Wed 18-Nov-15 14:07:22

oh no, the new Danger Mouse is FAB

StewandDumpling Wed 18-Nov-15 14:08:08

Is it CGI?

MyFavouriteClintonisGeorge Wed 18-Nov-15 14:08:39

The new Thunderbirds is quite fun too.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Wed 18-Nov-15 14:08:43

Danger mouse is brilliant

Lostcat2 Wed 18-Nov-15 14:10:39

Completely agree over fireman Sam!

Loved the sexual tension between single mum Dylis price, Sam, Bella Lasagna and Trevor Evans way back in the early 90s when mine were little. grin

StewandDumpling Wed 18-Nov-15 14:16:57

Yes Bella seemed to fancy Sam and always used to make him sandwiches didn't she? grin

QuizteamBleakley Wed 18-Nov-15 14:19:13

New Thunderbirds is shite, Fireman Sam has turned into a pisstake of Welsh accents and Dangermouse (like everything else) has Alexander Armstrong doing the voice of DM. Eeeeeh, it's just not right like it wor back in't day <hitches bosom>

dannydyerismydad Wed 18-Nov-15 14:22:13

Love Clangers and Dangermouse. The rest can burn.

PurpleDaisies Wed 18-Nov-15 14:24:35

I also love the new danger mouse. The episode with the Welsh weed in particular was genius.

Steer clear of Bob the Builder - I was shock and the voices are all wrong.

Danger mouse seems OK, it was always an animation and seems to tally with what I remember watching when I babysat after school blush

EastMidsMummy Wed 18-Nov-15 14:28:55

Have you seen Peter Fucking Rabbit?? Peter Fucking Rabbit is not. 3D action hero!!

ophiotaurus Wed 18-Nov-15 14:31:18

The new Bob the builder looks nothing like the original. At least fireman Sam and Thomas the tank engine still have a similar style.

vladthedisorganised Wed 18-Nov-15 14:32:49

Peter Rabbit is a travesty. The Clangers is still lovely though.

neverputasockinatoaster Wed 18-Nov-15 14:34:36

The Clangers is wonderful.

All the others are shite, especially Dangermouse which will be known as Travesty Mouse forever in this house.

Lostcat2 Wed 18-Nov-15 14:37:53

Yes Bella and Sam fancied each other I think.

Dylis wanted to shag Sam and Trevor wanted to shag anything. He was a dodgy school bus driver right there. Also the fire frequency in pontyPandy was like the murder rate in Midsomer!

Peter rabbit is a disgraceful remake.

Witchend Wed 18-Nov-15 14:45:01

New Pat are dreadful too. All I've seen can be summed up by:
Pat messes up by his own silliness. Other people sort it out. Everyone says how wonderful Pat is. confused

As long as they don't remake Bagpuss. angry

Bavmorda Wed 18-Nov-15 14:51:11

CGI is generally charmless.

New Thomas the Tank Engine is shite. They don't even use the same theme tune.

I think remaking things spoils the nostalgia.

ChristmasZombie Wed 18-Nov-15 15:01:47

The Clangers remake is really rather lovely, very faithful to the original series. Danger Mouse is fun, too.
But all the others are not good at all! The funky Peter Rabbit reboot is just confusing! Why is he wearing a hoodie? I do like the theme music, though.

Diggum Wed 18-Nov-15 15:02:20

Totally agree. Seriously. All this helicopter and speedboat CGI rubbish. Nothing much was supposed to happen and it was supposed to happen with every character being voiced by one man!

I've taken to giving DD old Postman Pat and Fireman Sam to watch on YouTube. Haven't decided whether I'm enough of a grumpy old bugger to buy her the old versions for Christmas if they exist on DVD.

Aeroflotgirl Wed 18-Nov-15 15:03:10

Bob the Builder is awful, but Dangermouse and Clangers are just how it used to be.

ChocolateFuzz Wed 18-Nov-15 15:07:08

As a fan of the original thunderbirds I quite like the new one

StewandDumpling Wed 18-Nov-15 15:24:07

What I can't get my head around is why a Postman would have a bloody helicopter anyway? The real Royal Mail certainly haven't got them, they might bloody deliver things a bit quicker of they did! grin

All this talk of children's TV characters want to shag each other is disturbing, but thinking back the adults on Fireman Sam did all seem to fancy each other!

LittleLionMansMummy Wed 18-Nov-15 15:50:21

Dangermouse is great - even the theme tune is the same as when I was a kid.

Bob the Builder though - wtf? I'm with you on that. And the Clangers.

Krampus Wed 18-Nov-15 15:52:39

The new Danger Mouse is great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now