Talk

Advanced search

annoyed! but probably just being entitled.

(27 Posts)
MrsBartlettforthewin Tue 17-Nov-15 18:55:18

I suffering really badly from SPD in this pregnancy. I'm only 27 weeks,being suffering since 16 weeks, and I'm now on crutches. I have had to have time off work and just feel pretty crap to be honest.

Work has been really great rearranging my timetable so my lessons are all in the same classroom so minimal moving for me, sorting the classroom so I can teach from sitting as much as possible and just generally being great about it. Included in this is the fact that they have set up a reserved parking space for me right next to the entrance of the building my class room is in so I don't have to hobble across a pot hole filled car park each day on my crutches. This is where the annoyance comes in. Someone (the same someone every time) is parking in my space! It's clearly labelled and a memo was sent to all staff explain why, but the same selfish fucker keeps parking in it.

I'm finding it really annoying and think it's bloody rude. I'm only just about managing to make it in to work as it is - the thought of getting my exam kids through the rest of the course content before I go on mat leave is the main thing keeping me going. But this is making my days just that bit harder when it doesn't need to be and it is pissing me off.

Very willing to be told I'm being unreasonable but oh it felt good to have a rant about it.

SpangleDragon Tue 17-Nov-15 18:57:17

no YANBU, can you park and block them in?

Narp Tue 17-Nov-15 18:58:04

What in the wide wide world of sport is 'entitled' about that? You are entitled to the space!

Maybe a note under the windscreen wipers? I polite, assertive one, pointing out that you are on crutches and in considerable pain

Narp Tue 17-Nov-15 18:58:46

A polite

SilverDragonfly1 Tue 17-Nov-15 18:59:04

Not remotely unreasonable! The school obviously really value your work and if the people in charge want you to have your own space, that's all there is to it.

Do you know who it is?

ProfGrammaticus Tue 17-Nov-15 18:59:19

Email everyone using the registration number? Just because you don't know who it is doesn't mean lots of other people won't recognise them the selfish tosser

RaptorInaPorkPieHat Tue 17-Nov-15 19:00:55

YANBU

Do you know who it is?

Topseyt Tue 17-Nov-15 19:01:46

Ask your head of year or head teacher to have a word with them.

They can't pretend that they weren't warned because the memo went out to all.

SilverDragonfly1 Tue 17-Nov-15 19:02:09

Is it the Head or someone similar?

MrsBartlettforthewin Tue 17-Nov-15 19:12:48

I don't know who it is unfortunately - though defiantly not the head as they have their own space by the main reception.

Liking the idea of sending an email round with the number plate and a 'gentle' reminder. It's clearly someone who gets in super early, I'm normally in at 8am but they are always there before me.

RaptorInaPorkPieHat Tue 17-Nov-15 19:54:16

Mmmm.

As well as an email, I would maybe leave a note on the car:

"This parking space is reserved as detailed in the email dated xx/xx/xx" along with a printout of the original email

RaptorInaPorkPieHat Tue 17-Nov-15 19:55:17

and get someone in the art department to make it look like a parking ticket wink

MrsBartlettforthewin Tue 17-Nov-15 20:37:36

grin I like that idea Raptor.

Glad that I'm not being unreasonable. Was worried my absolutely crappy mood and fed-upness was screwing with my perception of things.

GabiSolis Tue 17-Nov-15 21:09:02

You need to try to find out who it is before sending an email, just in case it's someone who has a legitimate reason for needing the space. Yanbu though.

MrsBartlettforthewin Tue 17-Nov-15 21:16:43

That's a good point gabisolis. Though I'd assume if they needed one they'd also be allocated one like I've been.

Wolfiefan Tue 17-Nov-15 21:23:29

I'd sit behind it. Call reception and ask them to put a call out and get the culprit to move it!

miaowroar Tue 17-Nov-15 21:31:28

In my last school the bursar and office manager had a note of all members of staff car registration numbers, so you should be able to find out who it is - and they need telling for heaven's sake. If they need a designated space they should arrange it like you did.

Somehow I don't think they do though do you?

WanderingNotLost Tue 17-Nov-15 23:40:05

Just block it in with your car, you'll soon find out who it is!

MiscellaneousAssortment Wed 18-Nov-15 02:03:20

Not entitled at all, except in the sense that you're genuinely entitled to park in the space allocated for you!

I wonder if someone's being stupid and has 'forgotten' anything that doesn't revolve around them!

Or it could be someone's who's decided you don't really need it and having made that ignorant judgement is voting with their actions.

BeanGirls Wed 18-Nov-15 09:43:24

They park there and nothing us being said so they continue to do it.

Send an email, leave a note. I don't know why you didn't the first time.

Inertia Wed 18-Nov-15 10:05:42

Definitely not unreasonable.

I would speak to the site manager, who should have a list of everybody's registration plate, and ask the site manager to tell the culprit not to park there again.

CFSsucks Wed 18-Nov-15 11:11:07

I'd block their car in and go to reception everyday, pointing this out. It's disgraceful behaviour and you are not being remotely entitled! You ARE entitled to that space!

catfordbetty Wed 18-Nov-15 12:10:47

I would speak to the site manager, who should have a list of everybody's registration plate, and ask the site manager to tell the culprit not to park there again.

Yes, if the person can be identified that person should be approached. I used to despise all staff emails when the sender clearly knew the guilty party. As for blocking the person in ... don't.

rollonthesummer Wed 18-Nov-15 12:12:56

Write down the registration and give it to the person who reserved the space for you explaining why you're unable to use it.

MrsBartlettforthewin Wed 18-Nov-15 14:59:09

Managed to park in my space today. Also saw the guy who had been parking in it (recognised the car) parking up just after me he looked very sheepish as he watched me struggle out of my car with my crutches.
Glad it seems to be sorted and I didn't have to go and make a fuss about it, though I was ready to take the registration to the site manager and get them to pass on the message again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now