Talk

Advanced search

To ask if we could have an official MN scarf?

(21 Posts)
pandarific Tue 17-Nov-15 17:14:16

I think previously lots of people have bought the same one on amazon or wherever... I love the idea of having a secret club scarf!! (sad I know)

Perhaps MN could ask young/just beginning British designers to submit a design, it could go to vote, and people could buy it and the proceeds go to Women's Aid (or another charity)?

AIBU to think it could be good fun?

TheWitTank Tue 17-Nov-15 17:18:43

Design ideas? A viper, lemon drizzle cake and penguin bollard motif?

Bettercallsaul1 Tue 17-Nov-15 17:18:48

I'd like a full range of MN merchandise - loo brush perhaps?

MitzyLeFrouf Tue 17-Nov-15 17:21:06

Or you could buy a sign that says 'loo brushes strictly prohibited in this bathroom'.

TwigsWithStupidLittleLightsOn Tue 17-Nov-15 17:23:02

I'd like one with pictures of naice ham on it. You know, like the ones that appear on the banner at the top of the webpage. Class.

Summerisle1 Tue 17-Nov-15 17:23:04

An abstract design based on Poo Crumbs would seem appropriate too.

pandarific Tue 17-Nov-15 17:23:21

HA. A drama llama perhaps? Ooh - or taking it abstract, pictures of stately homes!

...although it would have to be not eye-wateringly hideous for people to actually want to wear it.

volunteers to project-manage

hiddenhome2 Tue 17-Nov-15 17:23:52

There was one wasn't there? Some hideous leopard print thing? confused

SaucyJack Tue 17-Nov-15 17:25:07

I've always wanted to make lockable bollards in the shape of a middle finger sticking up.

I'm willing to offer my idea to the MN merch dept.

pandarific Tue 17-Nov-15 17:26:45

I would give my pinky finger for a biscuit patterned one. You could toss it at people.

Summerisle1 Tue 17-Nov-15 17:29:30

I think it should be a striped, hand-knitted muffler.

(Not that I plan to out myself in RL for one)

Bettercallsaul1 Tue 17-Nov-15 17:30:13

What about a MN book of grammar? Or wedding etiquette? Sure to be best-sellers!

caroldecker Tue 17-Nov-15 17:31:38

If i am not going mad, they did have a section to buy stuff - thread. Link still works, but not obviously mmnet stuff.

The MN scarf was an actual thing, look back on old threads and sure you will find it, hiddenhome is indeed right it is a leopard print pashmina / scarf thing. I do believe there is also a range of MN mugs and tea towels, badges and stuff too. Loving the idea of a MN loo brush grin

Seeyounearertime Tue 17-Nov-15 18:07:35

After being linked to certain "Classic" threads I would suggest aa penis beaker with a design incorporating:
'CP = Bum Sex biscuit goady fucker'

madmotherof2 Tue 17-Nov-15 19:10:08

panda, I've often wondered what the biscuitemoticon is?! Is it a biscuit?!

FlysInDreams Tue 17-Nov-15 19:17:08

Some pearls to clutch? Some judgey pants to hoik?

catlover97 Tue 17-Nov-15 19:21:39

I do happen to know a lovely lady who works at mn towers...never had a valid reason to contact her blush but this is defo a good reason! Love the idea of an mn scarf plus i need a new scarf and this is a perfect excuse

averyoriginalusername Tue 17-Nov-15 19:43:10

I'd definitely buy one with a penis beaker design.

caroldecker Wed 18-Nov-15 00:56:10

biscuit is indeed a biscuit - a reference to an old Gordon Brown live chat in which he refused to answer the question as to his favoured biscuit.
This behaviour led to him losing the election and is wholly responsible for the Conservatives being in power until 2050, when they will be replaced by a puppet of the Chinese mafia. Such is the power of Mumsnet grin

UterusUterusGhali Wed 18-Nov-15 01:08:34

biscuit has become to mean "no comment" for the reasons carol explained.

If only he had answered. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now