Talk

Advanced search

to tell people not to park on my property and to move their car

(49 Posts)
Frusso Tue 17-Nov-15 11:41:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Tue 17-Nov-15 11:47:05

Make sure your sign is clear, then get them towed away!

Then consider a nice wall or fence. Or at least a row of boulders...

MythicalKings Tue 17-Nov-15 11:51:43

YANBU. Rude. Just plain rude.

SpangleDragon Tue 17-Nov-15 11:52:41

name and shame the employers whos employees park there

not here but on Twitter, on their facebook page etc can you leave your car or something else there?

YANBU to want to keep YOUR space for yourself

Frusso Tue 17-Nov-15 11:55:50

ALongTimeComing Tue 17-Nov-15 11:58:03

Would a bollard help? I can't picture it.

Frusso Tue 17-Nov-15 11:58:53

LetThereBeCupcakes Tue 17-Nov-15 11:59:52

Can you get one of those bollards that can be removed with a key?

YANBU.

IAmAPaleontologist Tue 17-Nov-15 12:02:45

If you put a fence with a gate though so you and your dh can still drive your own cars in then the employees will jsut have to park elsewhere won't they as otherwise they will be obstructing the highway.

Frusso Tue 17-Nov-15 12:15:55

ChunkyPickle Tue 17-Nov-15 12:18:53

YANBU.

How about trying to make it official with yellow cross-hatching? (NB. I have no idea if you're allowed to do that)

Make the warning signs a bit more graphic - tractors turning, no responsibility taken for damage to cars parked here, make sure you give anything that does park there a good splashing with mud to dissuade them the next time (without actually causing damage)

ChunkyPickle Tue 17-Nov-15 12:19:15

look official - obviously it already is, but people are ignoring it

ZoeTurtle Tue 17-Nov-15 12:26:30

Obviously I'm being thick because I can't understand this. The road outside your house is part of your private property? But employees from across the road park on it?

Who are all these people using your private property as a through road?

<<thick

ZoeTurtle Tue 17-Nov-15 12:27:48

Oh I cross-posted with your pic. So the employees are parking on the bit of your 'drive' outside of the hedge?

Pooseyfrumpture Tue 17-Nov-15 12:29:08

Do you know who the tractors that would want to go past belong to? Could your friendly farmer agree to park something of his there, that if he wanted to move, he could? Just occasionally enough to annoy those opposite.

I would photo every car parked where it shouldn't, send every photo to the council - ours has a e-form on its website and a public Twitter feed

And get tough - get wood/stones/bollards/paint - whatever you can.

badtime Tue 17-Nov-15 12:28:54

Penguin bollards.

Narnia72 Tue 17-Nov-15 12:33:02

I don't understand it either.

Is it that you are parked perfectly legitimately on your property, but that people driving past can't get through because of the cars parked on the other side, hence knocking on your door

Or that other people are parking on your verge, blocking the road, and people are asking you to move those cars.

Or something else?

Sorry, the picture didn't really help. Parking numpties drive me potty though, so you have my sympathies

bonzo77 Tue 17-Nov-15 12:33:03

Can you fence off the bit of your property by the road? With barbed wire or even an electric fence (the tapes with plastic poles they use for horses). If parking is causing a hazard (eg reducing visibility for exiting your property) surely you might have a case for double yellow lines on your side of the road.

diddl Tue 17-Nov-15 12:36:43

Presumably you can't have hedging or a fence at the boundary for some reason?

So cars are driving on yourproperty because of parking on the road making it the only to getby?

abigamarone Tue 17-Nov-15 12:47:19

If it's your property can't you do something like this

DaggerEyes Tue 17-Nov-15 12:52:11

Use buckets as moulds (molds??) to make concrete boulders, that you paint white.

Theoretician Tue 17-Nov-15 12:53:01

Get some large stickers made that say "Car owner across the road", some with arrows pointing left, some right. Then stick the appropriate stickers on both the front and rear windscreen of the cars, so that the arrow points across the road. (Not sure how sticky the sticker is allowed to be without getting you into trouble.)

Or put up a sign saying that you are charge for parking at £100 per car per day, photograph the registrations of the cars that park, and pursue them through small-claims for non-payment. (Not a lawyer, but I don't see why this wouldn't work.) (I've just googled and apparently for £2.50, the DVLA will tell you the address belong to a registration.)

Theoretician Tue 17-Nov-15 12:56:55

I now see the £2.50 information was from 2005, so it may have changed since.

NoSquirrels Tue 17-Nov-15 12:58:17

Can't you just refuse to make it your problem - as it isn't, most of the time?

The way I have read your OP, there is a business opposite you, whose employees and visitors sometimes park on your side of the road. Then when a vehicle can't get through, because of the parked cars, people come and knock on your door presuming it's yours and you can move it.

Then you say "Sorry, not my car, ask across the way", close the door and go about your business.

Keep making it the business's problem not yours. Bet they'f get fed up in the end and park elsewhere.

Sorry if I have misunderstood, though.

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Tue 17-Nov-15 13:03:17

What about some large boulders? Your property you can put what you like on it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now