Talk

Advanced search

aibu to think that some of the things people put on the AIBU thread are ridiculous?...which is the most aibu question you have seen?

(61 Posts)
Potatoface2 Mon 16-Nov-15 23:06:52

as above!

JennaRoss Mon 16-Nov-15 23:13:44

AIBU to ask which bugaboo is best?

is hard to beat IMO - feck off to the pram huns <<miserable old git emoticon>>

Senpai Mon 16-Nov-15 23:14:47

It's the internet. Aside from perhaps relationship troubles where you need an unbiased sounding board, anyone asking advice from online strangers they don't know is probably unreasonable.

JennaRoss Mon 16-Nov-15 23:14:43

Or did you mean a clearly obvious poster WIBU who gets lots of people saying "YABU" and still they ignore, rant and then flounce?

OnTheEdgeToday Mon 16-Nov-15 23:15:52

People can post whatever they like in aibu, no matter how ridiculous they may seem smile
If you can answer it with if they are being unreasonable or not...

Yabu. Maybe this post is the answer to your question? grin

However, i unknowingly posted in this section the other day with something i dont even think could be answered with whether i was being unreasonable or not.

Potatoface2 Mon 16-Nov-15 23:17:57

i just cant believe some people think ....'i must go on MN and ask people if its unreasonable to ask my husband to put the bin out'.....i mean, do some people not have better things to do?

Senpai Mon 16-Nov-15 23:20:03

i mean, do some people not have better things to do?

Touche.

MitzyLeFrouf Mon 16-Nov-15 23:20:43

My favourite was someone who said that her husband was selfish to buy her flowers as flowers involved a lot of work and responsibility in terms of finding a vase, filling it with water, popping the stems in.......and all sort of traumatic labour.

TurnOffTheTv Mon 16-Nov-15 23:20:56

The nanny not making homemade pasta for the baby. Fab thread!

Potatoface2 Mon 16-Nov-15 23:22:50

now im thinking....am i being unreasonable asking if people are being unreasonable for asking unreasonable things ....or its unreasonable to be unreasonable.....i cant believe ive asked if its unreasonable really!

OnTheEdgeToday Mon 16-Nov-15 23:23:21

Wow

Potatoface2 Mon 16-Nov-15 23:24:41

touche....but at the moment i havent got anything better to do apart from read the AIBU thread....

wasonthelist Mon 16-Nov-15 23:25:28

Yabu even the trivial and obvoiusly fake threads can be funny.

OnTheEdgeToday Mon 16-Nov-15 23:27:30

Neither have i, really. I should go to bed... i keep getting sucked back into mumsnet.

IKillEveryBloodyThreadIPostOn Mon 16-Nov-15 23:28:25

The ones were people are invited out for a friend's/relative's birthday dinner and are outraged they have to pay for their food/drinks.

IKillEveryBloodyThreadIPostOn Mon 16-Nov-15 23:29:16

Their own food/drinks, might I add.

ilovesooty Mon 16-Nov-15 23:34:45

The one where the OP was planning to kill/poison her neighbour's tree was pretty absurd.

Mmmmcake123 Mon 16-Nov-15 23:35:04

Can't think of a most AIBU reasonable thread but I always get annoyed when people post and say I have no experience of this etc. so maybe I have just posted the most useless response to OP ever.time for cake before bobos.

Potatoface2 Mon 16-Nov-15 23:35:31

yeah they are funny, but some are obviously piss takes

OnTheEdgeToday Mon 16-Nov-15 23:37:19

Why on earth was somebody planning on killing a neighbours tree?
I can understand someone saying it in rage about a cat (hopefully not planning on doing it) - but a fecking tree? What in the world did it ever do?

ilovesooty Mon 16-Nov-15 23:39:15

The OP of the tree killing thread seemed to have a lot of issues with her neighbours.

hefzi Mon 16-Nov-15 23:52:12

My DF fantasises about killing his neighbours Leylandii, as they suck all the water out from where his rhododendrons are (rhododendrons there for 40 years; Leylandii only 20...) - he probably wouldn't do it though...

hoopityhoopla Mon 16-Nov-15 23:57:17

please tell me the nanny pasta thread is still available and that someone can link to it? I remember LOVING it

wasonthelist Tue 17-Nov-15 00:00:19

Plenty of parking ones advocating various car damage/dog shit/tyre deflation for perfectly legal parking - they're good value.

Fatmomma99 Tue 17-Nov-15 01:18:41

It's the stealth boasts that do it for me. "my neighbour is 104, and I put his bins out for him. Am I BU for putting them back?"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now