Talk

Advanced search

Kids birthday party etiquette

(5 Posts)
Maisy313 Mon 16-Nov-15 22:52:16

I'm just getting myself a bit worried but not sure if I'm being ridiculous. Organising my ds 5th birthday and invited the 8 friends he plays with at school, I gave a verbal invite in the playground with date and location and all parents said yes, but no one has actually rsvp'd to invite which is a worry as my dh forgot to put a time on them! So should I expect 8 guests at random times or no guests at all? Hopefully I will hear something before next weekend... But it's been a while. Not sure what to do about ordering party bags and food...

Notimefortossers Mon 16-Nov-15 23:04:05

Do you have any of their numbers? Can you connect to them on fb? If so just send a message, 'Silly DH didn't put the time on the invites! It's 2pm. Just want to confirm you can all still make it?' . . . If not try to catch them in the playground and say similar

FloweryPowery Mon 16-Nov-15 23:12:36

They might feel they've already replied. Time to confirm with them in person or text/fb.

Maisy313 Mon 16-Nov-15 23:19:41

I don't have there numbers or have them on FB, he just started in reception and I work so only get to pick him up on Thursday and Fridays. I'm really hoping they feel they have replied already and will check time closer to the date... I'm just worries because ds is so excited about his party... But he has 4 out of school friends who are definitely coming (though the church hall may look a little empty)

Maisy313 Mon 16-Nov-15 23:20:30

Thanks for replies btw, will try and grab parents on Thursday morning...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now